Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Arrow Inserts Eliminates Blood Clots?? >

New Arrow Inserts Eliminates Blood Clots??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Arrow Inserts Eliminates Blood Clots??

Old 01-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Spike

Default New Arrow Inserts Eliminates Blood Clots??

New arrow insert designed to eliminate blood clots?? Interesting concept!

http://www.bloodwickinserts.com/Welcome.html
Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

So on pass thrus which is a large percentage of archery shots, this is a useless item. Another gimmick the way I see it. Sorry for being so blunt.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well......I like the concept
Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry but that not only is a waste of time, but disgusting.

So, you put a bad shot on a deer, and the arrow breaks off, but leaves a wire in the deer to keep the wound from clotting? So what happens if you can't track the deer because it isn't bleeding externally yet? Or dropping so little blood you loose it? Well what happens is you just guarantee the animal will die slowly from infection with no chance of healing and surviving.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Just another invention to help poor shots become fatal. Practice to help prevent poor shots and learn to back out and not push the deer.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

im not sure how i feel about that product, but thinking about it i just dont get a good feeling, dont think id use it.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just terrible...and as bronko mentioned, isn't a passthru what we are desiring? This is about as dumb as hunting with field points.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
Just another invention to help poor shots become fatal. Practice to help prevent poor shots and learn to back out and not push the deer.
2 of the best tips a bow hunter could get right there, regardless of this product.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Spike

I agree 100% friend, whenever I took an arrow to the knee, I noticed minimal blood clotting. It was very helpful when i had to walk to white run and sign up for guard duty. Ever since then I haven't been a hunter like you. By the way, the places that you guys hunt, have you been hunting there for years?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

It is a clever idea but it assumes a hell of a lot has gone wrong with your hunt. I've had pass thru shots that clogged with pieces of lung on one side, and intestine on the other (entry was too far back.). I've had a shot that went thru both lungs and didn't give me the expected blood trail....I just followed the direction the deer had run and found it. This product would not have helped at all. I have never had an arrow break off in the deer, and not find the the deer.
I suppose if I was shooting much larger animals....elk or mule deer, then maybe I could have this issue. A clever solution for a non problem I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.