Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
G5 T3 vs 2 Blade Rage >

G5 T3 vs 2 Blade Rage

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 T3 vs 2 Blade Rage

Old 03-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

I shot the 2-blade rage about 3 years ago and did not have much luck. i shoot 63lb and 29 1/2" draw and have trouble getting penetration on antelope and deer at less than 20 yrds with both critters. I then tried the rocky mountain snyper 2-blade and got complete pass throughs every time then i could not find them on the shelves anymore so i went back to the original muzzy 3-blade fixed.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot both and prefer the t3.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also prefer the T3, also if you are interested in more of a 2 blade then i would look into the G5 Havocs that are coming out with this year, comparable to a rage but has no o rings or spiderclips
Old 03-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

I saw somewhere that trophy ridge is coming out with a 2 blade expandable that looks like the old rocky mountain gator. I used that design to take one bull elk and a couple of deer.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've used fixed for years with excellent success (Magnus Stingers). But for some reason I got the itch to try mechanicals this upcoming year. After looking at a lot of models and reading reviews I went with the T3s. I plan on using them for whitetail this fall. Hopefully they will come out with one in the 125 gr version also.
The 100 grain ones I got are really nice. Also, they will not come open on their own. The clips that come with them hold the blades in place. Honestly, I think its a pretty ingenious concept. And the practice blades assemble similar to the hunting blades except they have an additional node which keeps them from deploying. I like them and I think they will do just fine. We'll see.