Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
G5 T3 vs 2 Blade Rage >

G5 T3 vs 2 Blade Rage

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 T3 vs 2 Blade Rage

Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default G5 T3 vs 2 Blade Rage

I know everyone has their favorites but just wondering if you had to pick, whose side are you on?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

I have not used mechanicals yet.. but I am on fence with both of them.... looking to purchase a mechanical head but not sure which way to go..
Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

i had rage broadheads and hated them. They would open all the time!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

I shot rage the past two years and personally I havnt got the penetration I use too with fixed. That's why I was looking at a different route.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Spike

Im the same as Hunt or Die, I took two deer with 2 blade rages this year and I didnt get the penetration I thought I would. However, they never opened up on me when I didnt want them to. This year Im switching to the 3 blade because apparently they give a lot better penetration. So we'll see.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

I did think about the 3blade rage but they are not permitted in NY for some reason then i heard about the blades swining open on their own..
Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

I have taken two deer with the rage 2 blade so far and got complete penetration on both and never had one open in flight to my knowledge. So far so good. I get a kick out of the G5 commercial with T-Bone. Always wondered why G5 didn't compare their 3 blade head with the Rage 3 blade instead of the 2 blade. Apparently they think no one will notice.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot fixed blade slick tricks but from the feedback I have gotten from a few people that have shot both, they like the G5. I have heard that even the stronger spider ring does not keep them closed on extremely fast bows. Not sure myself if that is true or not.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Kid
I have taken two deer with the rage 2 blade so far and got complete penetration on both and never had one open in flight to my knowledge. So far so good. I get a kick out of the G5 commercial with T-Bone. Always wondered why G5 didn't compare their 3 blade head with the Rage 3 blade instead of the 2 blade. Apparently they think no one will notice.
You know, I just saw that commercial the other day and thought the exact same thing. I actually just got some rage 3 blades in the mail the other day, but after examining them compared to the 2 blade, I feel like the 3 blades are are not as secure in terms of opening in flight. I think that because of the angle they are sitting at, they don't tuck in onto the rubber o-ring as well as on the 2 blades.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know a guy that hunts at the camp with me. He shot rages 3 years in a row he threw in the towel on them after repeat of what has been mentioned above. Someone else at the camp shoots T3's. I have pesonally blood trailed his deer with him an always get good blood trails or have so far. But of course they were good shots with penetration all the way through the deer. The guy that has shot rages is switching this year. I always shot fixed blades for almost 30 years. I switched to Grim reapers last year. Two hogs an one doe pass Thur an 100 yd or less blood trails. It was hard for me to switch over but I did it. Will be shooting Grim reapers again this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.