HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Camo Question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/358951-camo-question.html)

jgrove695 02-21-2012 07:57 PM

Camo Question

Needing to buy some new camo old stuff is faded and just worn out i am thinking about buying asat camo and was wanting to get some feedback on what you think about it pro and cons on this. i wanted to buy something local and people like it can you guys help

thanks

HDMontana 02-21-2012 08:31 PM

I like predator camo out here. Similar to the asat but with more color options. I wear green early bow season and brown later on.

Valentine 02-22-2012 05:04 PM

There's quite a different choice

I watch combat film and I gauge the age by the different type of camo worn.
As for commercial, most was popular with hunters, and not necessarily deer or other wild things.

If it looks like a blob at 50 feet, it should look like a blob to deer at 100 yards.
I've seen some good camo, that you would not be caught wearing at a mall or picking up a daughter at school. Some effective camo is real ugly.

peakrut 02-23-2012 01:54 PM

I've had good success with www.ultimatecamo.com and the prices are dang good.

bronko22000 02-23-2012 02:15 PM

There is a guy that belongs to our camp and he swears by ASAT camo. He has the brown and he tells of deer that have walked right up and/or past him without seeing him.
I believe it is also a good pattern but never owned any myself. I do have some of the original Predator (green) which I used.
But, my honest opinion, anything that breaks up your outline and you remain motionless will keep you undetected to a deer. Turkey, well that's another story.

HDMontana 02-24-2012 07:43 AM

With those dang keen eyed turkeys, even your underwear better be camo.:biggrin:

HDMontana 02-24-2012 10:22 AM

Jg, if you do decide to go with asat, I know that wholesale sports in Bozeman carries it as well as some predator.

jgrove695 02-24-2012 04:17 PM

ok cool yeah still looking right now not set on anything go to head home and see what i have down there its been awhile since i broke any of that stuff out then hoping to make a decision on that stuff

camelcluch 02-25-2012 02:01 AM

ASAT, Predator, Optifade and the pattern by Kuiu are all good. I would really look at that the Kuiu line, great stuff.

Krypt Keeper 02-29-2012 11:36 AM

I like my camo but don't get held up on certain patterns. Anything that will breakup your outline will work just fine.

I agree on the blob comment. However if there is alot of solid green around you and your wearing brand x camo you will still be the blob. Wear what fits in, but movement is far more important than camo.

Many deer has been taken with red plaid jacket and blue jeans.