HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   spitfire broadhead (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/35888-spitfire-broadhead.html)

snortweez 08-23-2003 06:39 AM

spitfire broadhead

Maybe u guys can help me , i was wondering if any one shoots the spitfire broadhead, and if so could would u recomend it or any others that would work for clean kills for whitetail deer, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Orions_Bow 08-23-2003 09:23 AM

RE: spitfire broadhead

I did not like this head & would never use one again. great design idea & great quality BUT I found they penetrated really bad. I think the blades take way too much energy to open. I like the NAP shockwave much better. The scorpion they make should be a very good head too.

I do like the new Ironhead XP, Snyper, and Warhead mechanicals made by Rocky Mountain as well as the Rocket Steelhead and Hammerheads.

Dave Solgat 08-23-2003 09:59 AM

I agree with orions on the opinion that they need lots of energy to penitrate. I have had much more penitration with the vortex heads and would recomend the mini max steel if you want an expandible 3 blade head. 5-shot did a review of these heads not long ago and test results were very impressive. Do a search and check them out.

CBM SC 08-23-2003 02:27 PM

Do a search on these. I don' t feel like posting all this again today.......but I have had great luck with them !!

OlMossyHorns 08-23-2003 02:30 PM

I' ve had good results with Rocket Steelheads. All rocket broadheads are quality made.

Tree climber 08-23-2003 02:55 PM

I use the 3 blade spitfire and " LOVE" them.have taken 6 deer with them so far.complete pass thur , great blood trail. they all opened on impact to the skin.
JMHO. ;)[:-]:D[:-]

fdhunter 08-23-2003 03:27 PM

loved the spitfires. pass thru' s every time. lots of damage.

Big John 08-23-2003 04:20 PM

I too have had great success with spitfires,worked great on turkeys and fox too.

Mike from Texas 08-23-2003 05:19 PM

I have used Spitfires for years and love them. I have never had a problem with penetration or opening. They always leave a huge hole coming and going. Blood trails are not a problem.

5 shot 08-23-2003 05:53 PM

snortwheeze, before I recomend a head for you I need to know your exact setup or better yet your Kinetic energy level. Your bow make and model, draw weight and draw length should be enough to give me an idea though. Picking a mechanical is more difficult becuase of the wide range of cutting diamters and styles. You really need choose wisely to get the best results.