Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE Stinger G3

Old 02-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question PSE Stinger G3

I'm in the market for a new Bow that won't break the bank. Been looking real hard at this Bow by PSE,any input on it by you that have one or a similar model would be appreciated. Also if you have one did you get the naked bow or one already set up from the factory. If you got it set up are you pleased with the quality of the factory accesorries? Thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Spike

I have a 2010 PSE Stinger that I bought brand new as my first bow and still love it as much as the day I bought it. It looks like a new 3g will cost you around 400 and thats about how much I paid for mine 2 years ago. Mine also did not come with a stabilizer, backstop, or the limb dampeners, so right there your getting a better deal than I did. I can shoot very tight groups with my Stinger and took two deer this year with it. A small doe and 35 yards and my first buck ever at 30. I feel like, for the money, is very very good bow. The sight looks to be the same 3 pin sight on mine and my first pin is good out to 20 yards, my 2nd is at 30, 3rd at 40. I really like the fact that they put a backstop on this bow because I have been looking into getting one for mine because compared to the more high dollar and more parallel bows, it does have some hand shock when you shoot. I have not shot one with a backstop but I feel like this would eliminate alot of the recoil. You also cannot go wrong with a whisker biscuit as your rest. Durable, and impossible for your arrow to fall out. After saying all this, I know I have some bias because I am still using my first bow ever, but I feel like the times I have shot next to friends with more expensive bows, I shot right on par with them. I couldn't be more pleased with my Stinger in these past two years, and would have bought it again if I had to go back in time.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Kat. I watched a video of the new model and the hand shock was very minimal for a bow so cheaply priced. I love the wisker b. on my bows I see no reason to go to a drop type,such a simple design and the speed issue is minimal with the w.b. I'm glad to here you say you took Deer at 30 plus yards so I'm sure it will do what you need in closer than those distances. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Spike

No problem. If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tested the PSE Stinger G3 last night and was very impressed with the smooth draw,quiteness and good speed. For 400.00 bucks set up and ready to fire I decided to take one home and make it my new game slayer. I got 300.00 for my Matthews FX about 9 years old which I paid 250.00 for so with 10 percent off on the new bow I steped up to a newer bow for only 60.00 bucks more. I always said I would not buy a new one until my Matthews broke but I thought it was time to update after looking at and shooting this bow.Now to get in zeroed in,come on Turkey season!
Attached Thumbnails PSE Stinger G3-downsized_0215122122.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Spike

Looks good doetrain. It also looks like they still give you the same crappy quiver on there.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kathomps
Looks good doetrain. It also looks like they still give you the same crappy quiver on there.
Yep it's a el cheapo for sure,it will do for now as well as the cheap sights. These 2 thinks will be the fist things to get replaced. I was not expecting much with those accessories,I use a W.B. so I'm glad it's on there.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Spike

I just hate that you have to cut your own holes for whatever tip is on your arrows. Yea the sight is pretty cheap too, but Ive always found it lights up suprisingly well in fairly low light situations tho.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Spike

good luck with your Stinger had one for 3 years nowshort light and quiet. also have the WB on mine and a single pin sight set for 20 yards, and where I hunt that's all I need. If they haven't changed their owners manual on the cam settings, it's not in there, but they make Brownings bows and it's in their manual for the Rage.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:03 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

it will knock down deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.