Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how many deer can you tag in ur state this year? >

how many deer can you tag in ur state this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many deer can you tag in ur state this year?

Old 09-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how many deer can you tag in ur state this year?

ORIGINAL: VBM

Here in Washington State you can only harvest one deer per year. Also you must choose one weapon type and hunt with it. The liberals are in charge here.
How can they make choose one weapon and stick with it? That' s crazy. What weapons can you choose from?
Old 09-23-2003, 09:36 AM

1 in early season using last year' s tag

Either 1 during bow and 1 during muzzleloader or 2 during either of the 2.

1 During rifle.

Up to 2 doe managment permits per individual and then possibly more for landowner/nuissance permits.

So the answer is at least 3, but usually more.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:43 AM

Iowa has some new rules this year.
1 anysex bow tag, 1 2nd shotgun anysex tag, 3 late antlerless muzzleloader tags, and then 3 antlerless late special season tags. So looks like I could have 8 deer this year.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

13 week season (6 days a week) x 2 per day = 156 total deer you can harvest in VA of which 3 can be bucks. Now if you add in DMAP & DCAP tags your total can be 4 deer per day for a grand total of 312 deer per year. Think that' s enough? I have an average around 10 - 14 deer per year my self
Old 09-23-2003, 01:19 PM

Louisiana. Six deer either sex
Old 09-23-2003, 01:27 PM

in Alabama you are allowed to kill 1 buck and 1 doe every day of the season. So that equals out to 218. 109 does and 109 bucks
Old 09-23-2003, 01:51 PM

In Ontario, everyone can buy a buck tag good for any zone. You then enter a draw for a doe tag (in a specific zone) and success for that varies from 20 to 100%. If successful at a doe tag, you can then shoot only one deer but either sex.

In some of the southern regions, you can apply for an additional tag as well.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt with Bow and Shotgun and buy the permits for extended hunting. So with the Bow I am allowed: 1 Buck during Fall Bow, 1 Buck during Permit Bow and 1 Buck During Winter Bow also Unlimited Antlerless Deer (Deer with antlers less than 3 " or none at all). During Shotgun 2 Bucks and unlimited antlerless deer. So the total I am allowed is 5 Bucks and all the Antlerless deer you want. During Permit shotgun your allowed 2 deer at a time before you have to check them in. Then get your tags and go back out again.and again. So in reality I can shoot all I need. which is usually 3-4. If I hunted muzzleloader I' d be able to take another Buck. Also where I hunt the Bucks must have atleast 3 points on 1 side.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:24 PM

In Wisconsin we can also get $200(Another $200 goes to the land owner if its on private land) for shooting a deer with CWD.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:42 PM

Bow, 2 Deer , with the 2nd extra tag purchse BEFORE the start of the season. only $16.00

Rifle and / or Muzzle loader, 1 Deer.

New Hampshire is divided into " Wildlife Managment Units" You can hunt anywhere ,but some areas may have short or long seasons for doe' s

Quick Reply: how many deer can you tag in ur state this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.