Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how many deer can you tag in ur state this year? >

how many deer can you tag in ur state this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many deer can you tag in ur state this year?

Old 08-22-2003, 01:10 PM

Default RE: how many deer can you tag in ur state this year?

In Georgia, you can shoot one daily if you hunt on certain state and federal properties, on top of the 12 you can shoot legally throughout the season. So theoretically, since our season last about 115 days, you could shoot over 125!
Old 08-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

This year in missouri we moved to unlimited doe, 1 buck per weapon season (i believe).
So let' s see:
1 rifle
1 bow
1 muzzle.
and this is not counting the special draws...
Old 08-22-2003, 01:17 PM

This might drive some of you guys crazy,but here in Maryland,it' s unlimited does,four-six bucks per " zone" ,A though D zone.You can get tried dragging of deer out of the woods.I usually kill one for each landowner,2-3 for my employees,one for myself,and the rest goes to Harvest for the Hungry...Bob
Old 08-22-2003, 01:20 PM

WI is messed up.

We have these T-Zones where you can take extra antlerless deer with firearms in the middle of archery season. Bonus Tags for antlerless and CWD eratication zones were you can shoot an unlimited amount of deer depending on the zone. One of my good friends hunts down by Vernon county. His family has been managing for big bucks for years. Starting sometime in mid Oct. they can use guns to kill as many deer as they want as long as they " earn" a buck by shooting a doe first. All because of CWD.

For the most part it goes like this.

Archery 1 deer either sex. Depending on zone unlimited bonus tags.
Firearm 1 buck deer, must apply for either sex tag if you want to have that option. Depending on zone bonus tags available.

On my land I could shoot 1 buck with bow, 1 buck with gun, 2 antlerless without any other tag purchase. But I must make sure that it' s on tuesday during the hours of 3 - 3:30pm, it must be a t-zone using a conforming weapon, blah blah blah .

It used to be so simple...... 1 deer archery, 1 deer gun.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Va we can kill 3 bucks, and unlimited does...WV I think it' s 6 to 8 total depending where you are, and how many tags you have. Bottom line... more that I care to drag. I' ll take 5 or 6 like I normally do.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:31 PM

Oklahoma:
Bow: 2 Bucks & 2 Does
Rifle: 1 Buck or 1 Doe + 1 Doe (Bonus Tag)
Primitive: 1 Buck or 1 Doe

Each Licensed hunter can only harvest a total of 2 bucks total with any or combination of the listed weapons
Old 08-22-2003, 04:11 PM

In my county of Ohio it' s one deer either sex period. It' s kind of nice because we do get some good bucks that are not over hunted and have a chance to grow up. But it sure would be nice to not have to wait on that buck, and itch that release finger on a doe or two. [:-]
Old 08-22-2003, 04:17 PM

in my area of mn, i buck, 4 doe
Old 08-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

1 buck with a over the counter lic and there is a doe tag draw with about 2000 tags but you can only get ONE deer a year we have a really, really low population
Old 08-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oklahoma is 3 buck 3 does. Gun and primative season are limited to 1 buck 1 doe each with either method.

archery 2 bucks,2 does
rifle 1 buck, 1 doe
primitave 1 buck, 1 doe

Deer taken by hunters participating in special antlerless deer gun season or controlled hunts are not included in the hunters combined season bag limit.

Quick Reply: how many deer can you tag in ur state this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.