Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What arrow rest

Old 01-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Spike

I have read overwhelming good reviews about it. the only negative reviews on this rest is from people who had it set up wrong.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

With the ripcord, you don't want to use the little football cable holder. If you.don't have a press then take it to a bow shop and have them serve in the pull rope into the cable. We have been doing this since the rest was released with great results.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Spike

Just got a new 2012 Bear Encounter (hey I can't afford the Anarchy and I have a 32" draw length) and I went with the Apache Micro. Just got everything in and starting to set it up and tune it. I'll let you know, but from what I've read on the Apache I can't wait!
Anyone need a Bear Super Magnum 44 set to a 32" draw? Been a while since I upgraded.:0)
Old 01-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to set up a lot of bows in a year from a bunch of different manufacturers and use all kinds of drop away rests. QAD, Muzzy, Rip Cord, Trophy ridge, Trophy taker, Mathews, VBG, NAP....... Every single one listed above and many more.

If you want a drop away rest, By far the easiest to set up and tune drop away I have used is the Limb Driver pro V or standard limb driver if you don't want full containment. I have it on my bow and recommend it above all of the others I sell.

Aside from this the other rest that is far and away easier to set up and tune is the ole Whisker biscuit. It isn't sexy, it isn't flashy but the dang thing works and it works well and it is anvil reliable and simple.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Spike

Just as a follow up. NAP Apache Micro was easy to set up and tune on the 2012 Bear Encounter. Only Drop away I ever tried to set up. Was a piece of Cake. Bullet holes through paper in less than an hour start to finish. Shoots very tight groups at 20 yds in the basement. Very quiet. Got nothing against biscuits, Lovem with eggs, sausage and Gravy!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
My favorite rest is the NAP Apache dropaway. Its strong, quiet, has almost full containment (open at the top) and easy to adjust.
+1, i have a Apache Micro on my M6 and like it, my other choice would be a rip cord.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

I would look at a Vapor Trail LimbDriver!!