Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Open Rage flight pattern? >

Open Rage flight pattern?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Open Rage flight pattern?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not here to bash Rage or any other mechanical, but I don't understand why people use them. I have yet to see a thread in this forum about a fixed blade broadhead failing. There are some out there that fly just like field tips. So why chance it on a mechanical? That Rage, with the moving parts, just cost you a chance at a buck of a lifetime. JMO.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Dominant Buck

There are some out there that fly just like field tips.
Out of any setup?

Which ones?
Old 12-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
did magnus go up in price since you bought them? ive been checking them out online and i thought it said 35$ for 3. i might be mistaken though. im really interested in that head.
i dunno what you saw..magnus snuffers at bass pro shop are $36 fer 6 of them
Old 12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i dunno what you saw..magnus snuffers at bass pro shop are $36 fer 6 of them
i was on there official website so maybe that was there MSRP price . thanks ill get them off bass pro.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
i was on there official website so maybe that was there MSRP price . thanks ill get them off bass pro.

1st one when i googled it..

http://www.tradout.com/magnus-snuffe...dheads-6-pack/
Old 12-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.shopdeerhunting.com/produ...:referralID=NA
Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Spike

I shoot the rage 2 blade. Never had one open durring flight. and I can tell you why I use them. MASSIVE blood trails! Every deer I have made a killing shot on with them died quickly and the blood trail was so good that you could follow it at a fast walk and never loose it. I mean buckets of blood. I have shot thunderheads, muzzy, G5 monteks, and many others and never had blood like I get from the rages. You can almost stick your hand throughthe hole. Keep them sharp and keep the rubber o-ring new and no problems. I replace the o-ring every year.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to you for holding off on the shot, that took some will power. I dont mean to laugh at your situation but I do find it ironic that you have a mechanical broadhead failure on an arrow that never leaves the bow.
Since mechanicals have never been legal here I have always shot fixed blade heads and never had a reason to change.

Good luck I hope you get another shot at him.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

1-The rage head is meant to be shot while it is closed, not open. They will NOT fly correctly if they open.

2-You have to make 100% sure that when you close the blades you feel them "click" in over the rubber o-ring. If you don't feel it "click" than rotate the o-ring or replace it. You can also modify the back portion of the blade by fileing it down some to get it to fit better over the rubber o-ring. You can also put the ruber band over the top like others have posted.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do find it ironic that you have a mechanical broadhead failure on an arrow that never leaves the bow.
I though the same thing when I first read this thread but didn't want to rustle the feathers of the fan boys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.