Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what release do you use and why?/ >

what release do you use and why?/

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what release do you use and why?/

Old 08-18-2003, 03:31 PM

Default what release do you use and why?/

CURIUOS TO KNOW??? thanks guys

I shot a HOT hurricane
Old 08-18-2003, 04:32 PM

Default RE: what release do you use and why?/

Carter BK Target (handheld) off a string loop. great back tension release.[:-]

>>>---DAVIDP---SILERCITY,NC--->
Old 08-18-2003, 06:39 PM

Index, middle, and ring fingers. They' ve never broken, froze up, or fallen off. And, I rarely forget and leave them at home.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-18-2003, 08:24 PM

I' m currently using a Carter LokJaw 2000, the open jaw version. I wanted a release designed for use with a D-loop, to be very wuick to hook up. It took a little while to trust the little hook to hold on to the D-loop while I was drawing, but I love it. It' s probably almost as fast as hooking directly to the string. The only drawback is the velcro strap, not too crazy about it.

My backup release is a Scott Little Goose, simple, tough and reliable.

Tyler
Old 08-19-2003, 07:28 AM

I currently shoot a Scott Little Goose and unless this release lets me down in some way I will never shoot anything else. What a great release. I tried it for the first time this past winter and fell in love. I has greatly improved my accuracy and helped me get over a small case of target panic. I was well worth every cent I paid for it.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:47 AM
Spike

Carter Two-shot. It s a realease that can be used with a loop or directly on the string. You can adjust the length a considerable amount. I' ve got a shorter draw length so I shoot directly on the string. This release won' t chew up my string like some of the others. Plus, it' s Carter quality. I' m very pleased with this release.

Good luck.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fletcher concho release. I' ve been using the same release for about 10 years now and it' s been flawless. I like it so much that i bought a new one just like it to have as a back up but i' ve never had to use it. I don' t see myself ever changing to something else unless these two tear up and they stop making them.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:17 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Scott Mongoose. Tough, reliable and it has an adjustable trigger. I prefer the mongoose to the little goose as I have large hands and it seems to fit me better.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:52 PM

$59 Cobra, Say What? A $59 Cobra, light weight, head swiverls, arm swings out of the way, adjustable trigger, adjustable length, very sweet (as my kids would say),. The day I went shopping for a new release, I tried a huge variety, and this one just seemed to fit me.

Quick Reply: what release do you use and why?/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.