Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Ideas

Old 12-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any Ideas

Well we own 88 acre farm. our entire property is surrounded by roads except for this 2 acres piece of woods with a house on it. over the summer we recieved a note inside the storm room and on the door of the farm house by a hunter. the house is vacant now. the hunter opened the door and walked into the storm room and left a note on the door he asked for permission to hunt. well only my family gets to hunt the property and we called the gentleman and left him a voice mail that he did not have permission and that it was private property. well the third week of archery hunting i walked back to my truck which was parked in the drive way and i found a note inside my truck. it told me that a hunter name was not mentioned was hunting the surrounding propertys the hunter told me in his note that i need to find another way to hunt my property because i was keeping the deer from him and i need to be respectful of other hunters. i was furious i walked the edge of my property and found 2 treestands on the edge of my property on the little 2 acres of land. i left my phone number on the treestands we got in a confrontation on the phone and he told me hes hunting there no matter what and he denied the notes which i know were him. then he begged for permission again and i kept telling him no you are never allowed on the property ever and he gave me a sob story but i kept true. well my question is do any of you guys have any ideas how to keep this hunter from hunting the edge of my property. if he shoots a deer he has to tresspass to get it. my whole family is nervous since this KID is walking around the property when we are not there. thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

sounds like a joker.

FIRST................
post the edges of the property...BUT PROPERELY.

double post boundary corners, post every 100 ft, have name and contact phone number etc. ALSO write in pen."violators will be arrested"

SECOND.......put up a bunch of signs that the property is video monitors, and there are trail cams all over the place.
nothing fancy, just another reason for them to be careful.
THIRD......
on entry ways to your property from theirs , climb high and put a trail cam facing down.......at least 20 feet up.

forth.....post entire entrance to your house, including a sign on your doors.

Chain driveway entrance with lock.

put camera inside house facing entrance etc.

I just bought a couple Wildgame brand cams from Walmart.

2 mega pixel........65.00 tax included.

THE Y WORK AS GOOD AS ANY, and cheaply.

The more signs the better.

LAST...notify without a doubt your local game warden.
He will be happy to hear your story, go over and warn them and do what they do best.......make unethical hunters think twice.

Look up local rules regarding POSTING, and the PROPER , LAWFUL way to do it.

THEY HAVE TO CALL THE NUMBER ON THE SIGN IF THE WANT TO RETRIEVE DEER.......AND IF YOU SAY NO....ITS NO.

THERE ARE TRESSPASS LAWS AND THEY WORK IF YOU WORK THEM.

EVEN GO TO EXTREMES.............GLASS FOR THEM IN TREES.
IF YOU SEE THEM.......GO OUT AND START TARGET SHOOTING , AND SIGHTING GUNS ETC.

BUST THEIR HUNTS AND THEY;LL FIND ANOTHER PLACE.

LAST......ALWAYS CARRY A LOADED GUN WITH YOU. ALWAYS.

SOME GUYS STOP AT NOTHING.

GOOD LUCK
Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

if I read it right you dont even own the 2 acres the guys hunting on correct?If thats right he has every right to be there and unless you physically catch him in the act of tresspassing he isnt doing anything wrong.

I dont know the tresspass laws pertaining to wounded game where you live but here if I shoot a deer and it gets on your property I have every right to go in after it without notifying you as long as Im not armed while doing it.If I do notify you and you say no Ill go in anyway and bring a warden along with me when i do it.

You could do as the previous poster mentioned and start screwing with his hunting while hes in there but your gonna be wasting all your own hunting time trying to keep him from hunting and many states now have laws against interupting someone who is legally hunting and you may well wind up with harassment charges if you push the issue and screw with him to much.

Personally i would enjoy the 88 acres you have to hunt and not worry about the guy on another property unless you actually see him do something wrong.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

thats the scary part the property is posted just about every other tree and on the doors and he still came on twice that i know of and heres the thing ya hes on the other property but hes right on the edge he actually created mock scrapes with drippers in my field which his treestands are less than 20 yds from the property. when i talked to him on the phone he told me well i have permission to hunt groundhogs on the entire property and i said from who and he didnt tell me he just said someone... well its my property and i told him stay the f*** off my property if i catch u it aint gunna be fun... he had his camera up over my field and his mock scrapes in my field i let the dog take a s*** in it and then i stood on the edge of my property and waved at the camera i think next year ill put up a stand right on the edge next to his... the ironic thing about it is that my uncle decided to hunt the farm all gun season in that field right next to his stands on my property looking for the kid and on the third day he shot the biggest buck of his life 26 in outside spread 14 pt... o yeah and the kid told me on the phone i dont see whayt the big deal is im only hunting big bucks i wont kill any does on your property... i said i dont car stay off... and hes not allowed on PA private property to retrieve a deer without permission or accompained gamewarden and the owner
Old 12-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

I dont know the tresspass laws pertaining to wounded game where you live but here if I shoot a deer and it gets on your property I have every right to go in after it without notifying you as long as Im not armed while doing it.If I do notify you and you say no Ill go in anyway and bring a warden along with me when i do it.
Can't do that in NC. We're still one of the states that recognizes the landowner's right to privacy trumps a hunter's PERCEIVED "right to retrieve".

And, there ain't a damn thing the GW can do about it.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

gentlemen,

YOU CANNOT GO ON PROPERLY POSTED PROPERTY WHEN POSTED PERIOD.

IF YOUR NUMBERS ON IT, HE HAS TO CALL YOU. period.

HE CAN HAVE TEN GAME WARDENS, AND CANNOT COME ON THE PROPERTY WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT...IF YOUR NUMBER IS ON THE SIGNS.

AND YOU STILL CAN DENY THEM IF SO BE IT.

I WOULD (BUT YOU SOUND LIKE A NICE GUY) SEND SOME SALT SHOT UP HIS AZZ IF HE CAME ON MINE AND I SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM NOT TO.

LAST THING IS.....CHECK THE LAWS....TWO ACRES MAY NOT BE BIG ENOUGH TO HUNT. WHERE I LIVE IN NY ITS 5 MINIMUM , AND ONLY WITH A BOW
Old 12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Can't do that in NC. We're still one of the states that recognizes the landowner's right to privacy trumps a hunter's PERCEIVED "right to retrieve".

And, there ain't a damn thing the GW can do about it.
You say that like its a good thing.You rather see a deer go to waste then have someone walk in and get a legally shot deer that made it to your property line?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

The rights of a landowner trumping anyone else's perceived rights IS a good thing.

Would I like to see a deer go to waste? No.

But, that deer's not legally anyone's, until it's tagged. Maybe the hunter who shot it needs to back off the line a little (or, make a better shot).

Would I deny someone access to my land....to retrieve a deer (or, any animal he legally shot)? No. I'd go help him find it.

Every deer that crosses onto private property isn't necessarily dead. They made it that far, huh? So, what you're really talking about is a search for a possibly lethally hit animal.

Do I respect the landowner's rights to deny access? Absolutely.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Question 1 if u have someone entering your house why would u not lock you vehicle with all your equipment 2 why would u not lock a house or is this a barn.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by niehenke
Question 1 if u have someone entering your house why would u not lock you vehicle with all your equipment 2 why would u not lock a house or is this a barn.
all depends on where you live. i cant remember the last time i locked my car or my house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.