Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bow shopping. Recommendations appreciated >

Bow shopping. Recommendations appreciated

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow shopping. Recommendations appreciated

Old 11-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Spike

Default Bow shopping. Recommendations appreciated

I'm in the market for a new bow. I've been doing my research and I like what Hoyt brings to the table. The thing is I can't decide which model would be best for me. My biggest concern is the amount of noise the bow makes. My old bow sounds like a gun going off and it has ruined ALOT of shots for me on some nice deer. So I'm looking for the quietest bow possible. I realize there's other things I can do to dampen the sound but a quiet bow to start with is easier of course. As for size, I'm 5'10" and 155 pounds. Draw weight shouldn't be a problem for me at all. But axle to axle I'm not sure what I want. As everyone wants the FPS also concerns me and I'd like a fast arrow flight. Just shopping for some suggestions, if you have any other bows that you recommend I'm very open to suggestions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Fork Horn

shorter axle to axle bows are generally better tree stand bows if thats how you hunt. look into the mathews z7 extreme. shorter ata, quiet, smooth, and the fast speeds you seek. just shoot what is available to you, be it a mathews, hoyt, bowtech, pse, bear, martin, stroether, athens, limbsaver, parker, any newer technology bow will be a huge improvement from your old one by the sounds, there are a ton of good bows out there. try a few and see what you like. (to be fair if i didnt shoot mathews id either be shooting a bowtech destroyer, or a hoyt alphamax)
Old 11-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Spike

mathews heli m if you are a pack hunter. If not looking for lightweight go z7
Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Spike

bowtech Destroyer 350
Old 12-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Spike

I narrowed it down and did my research. I think I'm gonna go with a Hoyt Vector 32. Wanted the Carbon Element but I don't have $1200 bucks. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Spike

I'm also in the same boat as you. I currently shoot a 2006 Hoyt Laser Tec which seems old school now! I shot a Mathews Heli M and z7 Mag last week. I really liked the Heli M, but I plan on shooting a handful more bows before I make a decision. Good luck with whatever you pick!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Spike

You too! I really like the Mathews too, but in the same boat as the Carbon Element... to much money. Let me know what you get.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

ont be scared of used bows guys. some guy right on this website in wisconsin had a fully loaded z7 extreme for sale for $500.. a well taken care of used bow is nothing to shy away from. you can get a newer nicer model used still completely functional for the same price as a outdated "new" bow. just my $0.02 !
Old 12-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Spike

I just saw that killer price on that z7x earlier today. I know I would be happy with a z7x, but I just really want to shoot a lot of bows and find the 'perfect' one for me. Besides, I haven't saved up enough yet!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Spike

Yeah and this next bow will probably be my last one for a while since the last one I got I was 16 and still growing. But Addict I can appreciate your 2 cents. That option was in the cards, but for a lefty used bows are rarer to find. Especially one that I'm comfortable with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.