HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   looking for a good fixed blade BH (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/354371-looking-good-fixed-blade-bh.html)

huntingkidPA 11-26-2011 09:01 AM

looking for a good fixed blade BH

I'm done with rages, maybe even mechanicals for now. I'm not done with rages because of failures, just because i hate replacing blades and o-rings. rages have done well for me, ive taken 2 deer, dropped in sight, none going more than 30 yards. i just don't want to take a risk on mechanicals right now. I am looking for a fixed blade thats tough, pretty accurate (even though most will be with a well tuned bow) and can be resharpened many times. I'm looking at the slick trick standard and the magnus snuffer 100 grain, maybe NAP thunder heads, hell razors, and bloodrunners (even though there mechanical, they almost have the same principle of a fixed) Maybe muzzy 3 blades but they don't stay sharp to well IMO, you have to replace the blades often. I'm open to more options i just want tough, sharp, and accurate heads. thanks

louie6014 11-26-2011 10:03 AM

I used to shoot the muzzy 3 blades, and went with a faster bow this year, even after I tuned it, those heads flew some what erratic.. I tryed slick trick magnums after, got them dialed right in and destoryed them all while broadhead tuning. Now Im shooting rage two blades lol. But I would definately go back to the slick tricks. I think the smaller 4 blade or 3 blade ones will get your bettery accuracy, those muzzys have bigger blades than my fletchings, I think its a little unnecessary. Good luck.

Whitetailaddict13 11-26-2011 10:23 AM

ive tried wasp, g5 montecs, muzzy, and rage. liked them all. yet to try the slick tricks, id like to though

huntingkidPA 11-26-2011 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Whitetailaddict13 (Post 3881582)
ive tried wasp, g5 montecs, muzzy, and rage. liked them all. yet to try the slick tricks, id like to though

how'd you like the montec? i've heard good things about them.

Whitetailaddict13 11-26-2011 12:20 PM

theyre great. accurate, wicked good penetration, extremely tough. the only downside i found was the lack of out of the box sharpness. they are sharp and all, just not razor sharp like the rage seemed to be. but overall, a good broadhead. take a look at the trufire T1's. they look absolutely deadly.

Leverdude 11-26-2011 03:37 PM

I use Muzzies & just change blades each deer. They perform great for me, I stopped sharpening awhile ago. Most guys are throwing $15 to $20 a shot mechanicals I'm not sure what replacement blades cost now but its probably only about $5.

Todd1700 11-26-2011 03:42 PM

Get some Slick Tricks. Best flying fixed head out there. If I were not using Grim Reapers this is the head I would use.

backwoods13 11-26-2011 03:51 PM

I shoot Rage but if i go back to fixed it would be Muzzy 3 blades 100gr..

bronko22000 11-26-2011 03:53 PM

The Slick Tricks are definately a good BH and fly true. But my personal favorite is the Magnus Stinger 2 and 4 blade in 125 and 100 gr respectively. The heavier heads are used for big stuff and the 100 gr 4 bladers are my deer BHs. I started using them 5 years ago and have taken 5 buck with them - each on dropping within sight. They fly straight and true. And another plus is if you hit a rock or it starts flying erratic during practice, you just send it back to Magnus and they send you a new one, no questions asked. Reasonably priced, fly great, quick kills and lifetime guarantee - who could ask for more?

stabnslab_WI 11-27-2011 05:04 AM

Slick tricks all the way, I used muzzy a long time ago and then someone gave me a pack of Slick tricks to try and was I impressed. If you do get a pack of slick tricks try them out to 50-60 yards for fun I think you'll be happy but I wouldn't shoot a deer that far. Its a four blade cut and the entry and exit hole looks like someone shot the deer with a 20 gauge slug, very nice blood trail but the last two bucks I shot died with in sight. Good luck and get tricked!!!