Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ever Feel Like Crying #2 >

Ever Feel Like Crying #2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever Feel Like Crying #2

Old 12-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

i wouldnt take that shot. i was under the impression that it was a broadside neck shot. and your comment inside the perenthesis (if i was of the mind)....what the f*** does that mean?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Whitetailaddict13
antimony? i think you mean anatomy..... i understand your point but just cause he hit the deer in the neck doesnt mean he aimed there. i see seasoned veteran pros like stan potts and rick white take plenty of absolutely terrible shots on deer. on camera!! to the original poster... too bad bout losing your big one!
Where else would he aim, right between his eyes??? Go back and read his statement on how the shot went down.
And yes I did mean anatomy.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Dominant Buck

He was facing me but I was fairly confident on what I could do with the arrow.
This was the OP's situation. Obviously, he felt a little differently than you and I do about head-on shots. In fact, he killed this deer......looking for one he'd hit and lost.

Pretty sure he meant to hit him in the neck.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

All, no luck yet in finding that 1st deer. I am heading out today to walk the woods with the dog and son partially to get my son outdoors and the dog some exercise and the other reason, just maybe I see the deer dead or alive. I could get another one since I have the tag but my freezer is full from the deer so I doubt that I will get out again, maybe. GMAT and petasux, I really hope that you don't spend a lot of time blasting others on these sites and you exert more energy into sharing your lessons learned. As an archer, many are against and few are for, so I hope that we can take this time/energy to improve our community and educate those against. Good luck with your remaining season.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

well congrats on the 8 as for the big one it happens to every one last year i hit a huge buck back and there was blood and then he went across a corn field and no blood but there was about a 1 inch peice of rib bone though and this year i saw him again even bigger
Old 12-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by toejoe625
well congrats on the 8 as for the big one it happens to every one last year i hit a huge buck back and there was blood and then he went across a corn field and no blood but there was about a 1 inch peice of rib bone though and this year i saw him again even bigger
I call horse chit....show me a pic and i still would be doubtful
Old 12-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Dominant Buck

GMAT and petasux, I really hope that you don't spend a lot of time blasting others on these sites and you exert more energy into sharing your lessons learned. As an archer, many are against and few are for, so I hope that we can take this time/energy to improve our community and educate those against. Good luck with your remaining season.
I was sharing a lesson with you. If you think that's "blasting", I apologize.

An "archer" might take that shot (straight-on). A bowhunter might think better of it.

I wish you luck with the remainder of your season, as well.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
I call horse chit....show me a pic and i still would be doubtful
i dont put out trail cams or any thing so i couldnt show you a pic if i wanted to if i shoot it this year i will show you then
Old 12-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

and your comment inside the perenthesis (if i was of the mind)....what the f*** does that mean?
I can't answer for GMATT but what I took from his comment was:
(if i was of the mind)= my f****** thinking it was a good shot presentation, meaning the shooter's thought process.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rickmur
I can't answer for GMATT but what I took from his comment was:
(if i was of the mind)= my f****** thinking it was a good shot presentation, meaning the shooter's thought process.

man thats too large of a concept for me to understand... your intelligence is on another level, dont know what id do without yuh bub thanks for clearing it up!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.