Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ever Feel Like Crying #2 >

Ever Feel Like Crying #2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever Feel Like Crying #2

Old 11-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ever Feel Like Crying #2

Hey, did not want to dirty your thread. I feel that way right now but it is tears of joy and excitement. I am crawling out of my skin. I just shot the biggest buck that i have ever seen in the woods. I am guessing that he will be a typical ~12 point that will score over 180. I have been practicing a lot and I was dialed in at 40 yards hitting the 5 spot white ever time so I had confidence BUT I was shaking out of my skin when I saw how big he was. He was walking away until I rattled. He turned and walked into my wind. He did not wind me but I could not be patient anymore. He crossed an opening and I grunted him to stop. His head was at a tree so I may have steered back further than I wanted but I do not know where I hit him which is rare for me. The arrow cracked him loud and he ran like lightening. I did not look for blood because the arrow had blood and fat, but it did not look like lung. I walked up in the open woods where he ran and scanned the woods. I heard him jump which was across the road. Backed out and I am at home dying to get back out there. Going to watch the pens game and wait for family to arrive before we go and look. So excited. I will post a pic IF I am successful. I can tell you that I will giver her all I got to get this deer. More to come and so excited.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd give him at least 4-6hours before going out. Longer if its cool. Did you smell any gut on the arrow? Is blood the full length of the arrow?
Give him as much time as possible. He won't get any deader.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

No guts on arrow. Full blood on length including fletching BUT not a lot and I really didn't look because he ran so fast into open woods. 10 would be around 5-6 hours. I am dying to find out but I know how important this is to be patient.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luckk..where's the pic already
Old 11-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Adrenaline is flowing big time. I am forcing myself to stay in the house until 10 but I might need restraints or something...
Old 11-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a shoulder hit gl
Old 11-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by monkeyman2269
Sounds like a shoulder hit gl
Thats what I was thinking. Good Luck in finding him. Cant wait to see pics.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Dominant Buck

My 2nd buck this year (avatar pic).....lived 15.5hrs. with this (see photo) through his rt. lung and lodged in his brisket. I put a finishing shot on him with my ML the next morning (which is when I went to track him), after jumping him 4X.

Patience......and good luck.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
My 2nd buck this year (avatar pic).....lived 15.5hrs. with this (see photo) through his rt. lung and lodged in his brisket. I put a finishing shot on him with my ML the next morning (which is when I went to track him), after jumping him 4X.

Patience......and good luck.

thats nutz....i guess it was pluggin the hole in his lung?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.