Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
ever feel like crying? >

ever feel like crying?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever feel like crying?

Old 11-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default ever feel like crying?

so i go out hunting 2nite in a spot where i have seen a couple of good bucks i have this huge willow tree that i climb up in anyway this is what happen I get in the tree at 3pm at 4 10 pm i hear a grunt I turn my head and here comes a big 10 he comes into 8 or 9 yards i draw back and i miss I never miss shots like this I have no idea what the hell is going on i switched to a skinnier arrow about mid season im not sure if that is enough to mess me up that bad so i am pissed off and happy at the same time,I am happy to see this guy survived the gun season.he didnt run or anything after i shot he pretty much walked off and 3 minutes later a little 8 point came in from the same place the 10 came in.This is the 3rd time i have seen the big 10 in this area do you suspect there is a good chance he will come back this way?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Did you sight in with the new arrows?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

If he did not run to the next county, then there is a pretty good chance he had no idea what happened...good luck...at least you are seeing deer!! Things are very slow in my neck of the woods!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Spike

Have you practice with your current set up? If not, then please do now. Keep your head up and stay sharp. It will happen.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

I switched back to a heavier arrow but plan to shoot the target to make sure something has happened to my sights,I sure hope he comes back he wasn't spooked he was feeding 50 yards away after the shot.Sorry to hear that doughboy I have had them days they are no fun.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I know I switched to a lighter skinnier arrow and I had a big change in poi. So you definitely need to sight in for different arrows.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

It happens to everyone at some point or another. Keep your chin up.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Spike

If he was feeding 50yrds away your all good man! Now you gotta wait him out or get aggressive and try rattling/calling him in depending on what the rut etc is doing in your neck of the woods! With that 8pointer coming from the same place I'de say you have a relativley active trail and will see them both again. If it were me I'd be hunting that stand dawn to dusk for several days after an event like that. And I torture myself, I get into my stands early... as in sitting in the dark 45 min to an hour. Motion discipline, cover scent, patience, persistance. This is the torture called Bowhunting that I am so addicted to lol.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Did you sight in with the new arrows?
You earned your miss if you didn't sight in with the new arrows. Sorry.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
You earned your miss if you didn't sight in with the new arrows. Sorry.
He will be back hopefully 2moro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.