Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My First Big Buck (big to me at least) >

My First Big Buck (big to me at least)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Big Buck (big to me at least)

Old 11-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up Nice!

ANY buck you get with your bow, is a GOOD buck. But that one, is a beautiful animal! Cherish that one, because there is a very good chance you may not "see" a better one, let alone GET a better one, using a gun or a bow. Again, congratulations, very nice deer!
Old 11-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations,he is a nice one for sure. He is a wall hanger if you can afford it,great job bringing home the meat.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Spike

Thanks for all the kind responses! I sure hope I get the chance to see at least an equivelent sized buck in the future! The camp I hunt usually has at least 2 nice 8 pointers seen each season. This year I saw a nice chocolate brown racked 8 and a decent shooter snow white racked 8. Hope they make it through gun season to get a chance next year at one. The white horned one is absolutley perfect in symetry. Italy Valley in NY sure produces some beauties... 20 yrs of hunting there and each year at least one slob that I know of gets harvested by one of the surrounding landowners. All I can say is I'm tickled pink at the results of my efforts this season and can't wait to get back out there next season!

This one is at the taxidermists... about broke my bank account but hey its a memory I will cherish forever!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

that's a great buck in my book, congrats!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking Archery Buck,from what I've heard (at least here in Missouri) an Archery Buck doesn't have to be as Big as a Rifle/Muzzle Loader Buck to get into the record books?

I'm surprised Your Taxidermist couldn't give a close estimate on what Your Buck may score...they usually deal with it on a daily basis?A lot goes into figuring out how much a Buck will score...length,thickness,uniformity,width between the antlers and so on,plus there's a "Green Score" when first harvested and a 60 day drying period before the final Official real score is figured,not to mention if its a Typical or Non-Typical rack....Ok enough BS,my final answer is around 110 to 125 score?

Last edited by GTOHunter; 11-20-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Spike

Congrats on the nice buck!!! My scoring guess will have to be 130-135. Pretty good mass on that guy too. Should look good on the wall!
Old 11-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck. Congrats on your harvest.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Spike

what estrus call did you use?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by blgoode
what estrus call did you use?
Was an old Primos tube... I've had it for nearly 20yrs. It has an "o-ring" inside the mouthpiece that u can adjust from estreus to mature buck. I'll take a pic of it for you next time I'm home. Don't know if they still make it so I guard mine like its gold. Lol. I've called in quite a few bucks with it.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Spike

awesome! THANKS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.