Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My First Big Buck (big to me at least) >

My First Big Buck (big to me at least)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Big Buck (big to me at least)

Old 11-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Spike

By the way Brian... I just checked out you knives/website. Wow! Looks like some good chit! Once my wallet stops yelling at me from the cost of my mount I might be gettin in touch with ya! Have u ever worked with antler for the handles? I've got a few tiny racks from my youth that id possibley be interested in using for some smaller pearing style knives!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Spike

thanks man! I dont use any horn material. Best way to get one from me is snagg one at Atlanta Blade Show or one leftover from show. Im so backed up with orders its hard to fit in new ones but holla at me.....you never know!! I can fit in some here and there best I can anyways

I can only hope for a buck like that one man!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Spike

Hey Brian...

To my surprise they still make the call! Here's a link for you!

https://shop.primos.com/pc-539-9-power-buck-doe.aspx

I had it on the "EB" setting that day. Im actually glad you asked because now that I looked it over on the primos site, I see I have "under utilized" this call! Didn't realize you could set it to 2 calls in one! Read the "View instructions and product packaging" link under the picture of it on their website. I cannot believe I over looked this from day 1!

The "second" reed inside the flexible portion, I just now for the first time looked at it... it was set to DG but that part isn't used unless you inhale which I never did lol. Always just blew in it like a traditional call tube! Now I have to see how the "combo" works on this thing!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Spike

Very cool! I have a few calls but this looks like a decent do all. Thanks for the link!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Nice work! Congrats!!! I got my first bow buck this year too 3 days after yours...
Old 11-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

High 130s Great buck, buddy!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:14 AM
Dominant Buck

He's pushing 135" - gross.

Congrats on a great buck.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jemrami9
Nice work! Congrats!!! I got my first bow buck this year too 3 days after yours...
Congrats on your first and hope many more to come jemrami9! Now your hooked like a crackhead! Bowhunting is quite addicting, I barley ever even gun hunt anymore (not to knock on gun hunting since I DO still use a gun on occassion)! This wasn't my first buck (I've popped a couple smaller ones... 6pt and a boxy little 7) but this is by far the best I've even had an opportunity to draw on!

Thanks again everyone... I have found this website very welcoming to it's newest members and to be frank, the atmosphere here sure beats some of the other sites I frequent! huntingnet.com is a permanent link now on my Favs Bar in the Browser!

Last edited by Yheti; 11-21-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: adding additional thank you's
Old 11-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck for sure. A big congrats to you.

Blessings.......Pastorjim