HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Well this is what happens (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/353740-well-what-happens.html)

blackhawk_archery 11-16-2011 05:12 PM

Well this is what happens

I was out hunting this morning and playing on my cellphone had a doe run by with her tail up I knew a buck was coming yet I still continued to play with my phone long story short had a 12 point buck come in and we locked eyes for 2 minutes or so couldnt reach for my bow he turned around and trotted back 30 or so yards (lots of brush no shot) and he went around me just outta shooting range i was so mad i kicked the sole plum off my boots but here is a pick of a doe i seen this evening didnt bother shooting her saw some others but no pics.

TaggedOut 11-16-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery (Post 3877263)
I was out hunting this morning and playing on my cellphone had a doe run by with her tail up I knew a buck was coming yet I still continued to play with my phone long story short had a 12 point buck come in and we locked eyes for 2 minutes or so couldnt reach for my bow he turned around and trotted back 30 or so yards (lots of brush no shot) and he went around me just outta shooting range i was so mad i kicked the sole plum off my boots but here is a pick of a doe i seen this evening didnt bother shooting her saw some others but no pics.

I shut my phone off while deer hunting.

supaflav 11-16-2011 05:34 PM

not trying to beat you up here. but if you knew there was a buck coming, why in the world wouldn't you get ready for a possible shot?

blakefrautschi 11-16-2011 05:47 PM

I text and play games quite a bit in stand. It seems like whenever i text my dad or whoever i'm hunting with if they'd seen any deer, one always walks by. It's like good luck!

But as said before, if you knew there were deer coming, even if it was just a doe, why didnt you put your phone away?!

blackhawk_archery 11-16-2011 06:13 PM

well i actually wasnt for certain one was coming I just had the feeling with the rut going hard right now that a buck was trailing it was a dumb mistake.

dvalliere 11-17-2011 07:22 AM

Yes, you should have stopped playing on the phone when you saw the doe, but this is your deeper problem:

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery (Post 3877263)
I was out hunting this morning
and playing on my cellphone

Honestly, if you can't enjoy being in the woods and using all your senses to pay attention for deer, why are you out there? It's obviously not for meat or you would have shot the first doe. If you want to play games, stay home and play 'em.

blackhawk_archery 11-17-2011 07:46 AM

I have 4 deer in the freezer 3 are does I set limits when I am out there I dont just kill everything that walks by and I do enjoy my time out there rarely ever play on my cellphone except to text friends to see what everyone is seeing was a slow morning its not the end of the world so take a pill and relax.

blackhawk_archery 11-17-2011 07:49 AM

I will be back out this evening to try again if I dont get him no big deal he will just keep growing bigger is the way I see it.