Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ohio hunting and share a little about urself >

Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

Old 08-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

I' m from Lucas/Wood county area and mostly hunt deer and small game. This is my third year and no deer to date, but I love huntin and being in the woods. So far I' ve hunted all public land, haven' t gotten the gall to start asking for permission yet.

Brandan
Old 08-17-2003, 06:17 PM

I live in jackson co. and usually hunt there and Gallia co. Also hunt small game and turkeys in either of the counties. Been seeing some nice bucks. Can' t wait till bow season.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

Hello All. I am from Geauga County in NE Ohio. I hunt mainly near Bainbridge/Auburn Townships. I also hunt a friend' s farm in Morgan County.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Banned

I' m from SW Ohio and am getting very excited about the upcoming season. You guys might also want to check out http://www.ohiosportsman.com that' s the first place I go!
Old 08-18-2003, 07:15 PM

im from wv but i hunt every year in ohio, mostly gallia and jackson and meigs
Old 08-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

I' m from Ohio also. I hunt stark, tuscawaras, carroll, and Guernsy ( Salt fork ). I bowhunt deer and turkey and some times small game. Slat fork is CRAZY during gun season. I don' t gun hunt though just bow. I' m even thinking about trying to bow hunt geese.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Spike

Hey all, I live and hunt in Montgomery county but also do alot of hunting in Carroll county.. I grew up in Carroll county and moved down here to Dayton about 4 or 5 yrs ago. I mainly bowhunt deer but also do some waterfowling during early goose and after I fill my buck tag(if I' m so fortunate). Also turkey hunt when I' ve got the time...During the spring and summer you can usually find me on the water somewhere trying to stick a arrow in some carp, gar or buffs.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:37 PM

what kinda hunting is there on salt fork? ive been thinkin about giving it a try myself, is it really crowded during gun?
Old 08-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

I live and hunt in Guernsey Co. Hoythunter48, yes, Salt Fork is CROWDED during the gun seasons. Of course, I' m comparing it to hunting private ground. There are plenty of deer however.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Salt fork has a tremoundus amount of deer. They are also one of the leading counties listed in the buckeye big buck club. If you can find private land down there you are very fortuate. They have it all good pouplations of deer turkey grouse it is a " sportsmans paridise" . With the major exception of the huge amount of people that frequent it every year. Give it a try though if you live close you may be one of the lucky ones who finds a good spot that others dont frequent or better yet finds some private land. It is a pretty hefty drive for me to go down there though.

Quick Reply: Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.