Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Tracking advice on shot >

Tracking advice on shot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tracking advice on shot

Old 11-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the input guys. A guy who hunts the same property pulled in this morning and saw 3 deer with the headlights, one being the buck I hit. He said the 3 deer spooked and ran off, the big buck limpimg as he ran. He went over to where he saw them and there was no sign of blood.

bronkko I think you may be right on with your evaluation... he was facing left and the shot definetly hit bone, fat, and hair. Coulda hit shoulder and deflected off the brisket. Another thing to add... When i found blood at the spots he was standing it seemed to kind of spray. adjacent leaves from the main blood had tiny specks of blood on them. Headed back out tom.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have not been on in a while, but thought I would update this story. 4 days later the buck was shot on opening day of rifle within 500 yards of where I shot him, my rage hit the shoulder bone and one blade went through it deflecting away from the deer and the other blade hit nothing. Attached is a picture. 8 pt 180lbs 18 inch spread.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default jesus, another wounded deer post

sorry in advance for being a dik
it isnt close to "behind the shoulder". you are outta yer league takin this shot.
well..lesson learned. maybe you should cut back to 20 yards for a few years.
never take a shot on a deer that is alert.
get a good fixed 3 blade broad head. never take em off, use them to practice with as well as hunt with them.(magnus snuffers 6 to a pack, $35, 3 fer practice, 3 to hunt with..i have had the same pack for 5 years, easy to sharpen and last forever. i probably have 10 hogs per broad head plus deer, all through and through shots,nothing has ever made it 100 yards!!(dbl lungers mostly)
you should practice from yer stand,at least 100 shots in the bull.
its better to let them walk than having to come on here and tell everyone what a $#@!!@#$%^&* you are, wounding another deer. what is that like fifty this year on this forum? gives hunters a bad rep!!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

If you read the 1st post the arrow deflected, dik. Where did I say "behind the shoulder"?
Old 12-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Its arrogant, can do no wrong people like you who make people shy away from posting on this site. Every post is ran over with a fine tooth comb and the poster be-littled. If thats what makes you feel like more of a man, and a better archer, then I feel sorry for you.
As for your "expert" advice.... I will shoot whatever blades I want to shoot, and I will practice however I want to practice, and before you go all high and mighty, roid rage on the next poster, make sure your facts are straight. Coversation over.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with Dollar, You are a D HEAD and must not be able to read. You act like you are a damn professional hunter. As far as im concerned you probably dont know **** about hunting. Im so tired of reading all your negative remarks. You probably just not man enough to admit all your mistakes while hunting
Old 12-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
sorry in advance for being a dik
it isnt close to "behind the shoulder". you are outta yer league takin this shot.
well..lesson learned. maybe you should cut back to 20 yards for a few years.
never take a shot on a deer that is alert.
get a good fixed 3 blade broad head. never take em off, use them to practice with as well as hunt with them.(magnus snuffers 6 to a pack, $35, 3 fer practice, 3 to hunt with..i have had the same pack for 5 years, easy to sharpen and last forever. i probably have 10 hogs per broad head plus deer, all through and through shots,nothing has ever made it 100 yards!!(dbl lungers mostly)
you should practice from yer stand,at least 100 shots in the bull.
its better to let them walk than having to come on here and tell everyone what a $#@!!@#$%^&* you are, wounding another deer. what is that like fifty this year on this forum? gives hunters a bad rep!!
maybe if you would read, the arrow deflected. I don't blame this guy. for not seeing a little branch that would deflect it. Unless you have eagle eyes to pick out a a brown branch against a brown deer's body you shouldn't be going so hard on him. believe me i've seen all the "made bad shot, help tracking" posts but this guy had an actual reason why he wounded it. and it WASN'T his fault. Most of them are are guys who just don't practice and go out once and wound the buck of a lifetime. i guarantee you've wounded some animal you have hunted, and if you haven't, you haven't hunted long enough. I've seen many of your posts, but i don't think i have seen one post that was positive from you.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dollar Trifecta
. I put the pin behind the shoulder and squeeze the release. The arrow takes off on perfect flight towards his vitals and then turns downward and left sharply and I hear Whack! My 1st thought was I must of hit something and deflected..
yeah, no where behind the shoulder.
sounds like he "thought" he hit something..
i dont think he hit chit...jmo get over it.
i doubt it was 30 yards. prolly 50...he just wanted to get a big buck with his bow.
hopefully, you guys will think about half raggin ur azzez before ya squeeze off a non good shot at an animal. now the conversation can be over.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

32 yards idiot. I make that shot 10 out of 10 in the backyard. Now your just assuming, trying to cover your ass for your idiotic post.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

just like i assumed it was a "behind the shoulder" shot.
30 outta 30 from the back yard isnt 30 outta 30 from yer stand. notice he didnt even argue the so called "deflection"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.