Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Unusual situation...what would you do? >

Unusual situation...what would you do?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unusual situation...what would you do?

Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Spike

Default Unusual situation...what would you do?

A few weeks ago I was with my uncle track a deer he shot the night before when found a dead doe. This doe was obviously shot with a 4 blade broadhead and had died recently, still warm. The shot was high in the chest and did not go completley through. It had been raining throught the night and into the morning so there was no blood trail to back track to the stand or person who shot it.

We both decied we didnt want to let it go to waste...but we didnt want to seal someone elses deer. I field dressed it and we waited over an hour for any signs of someone to be tracking it. After waiting we drug it to a pipe line and took a break. Shortly afterwards here comes a hunter to claim his doe.

As it turns out he didnt see the doe drop from his stand but was able to see us standing around where he last saw her but couldnt tell what we were doing. He didnt want to come down while we were in the area but when he saw us dragging it he knew he better get there quick. There was no confrontation of any type, we were happy he found us to get his deer, he was happy we found it...and gutted it. My uncle returned to the search and I helped him finish the drag to his truck.

What would you guys do in this situation?
Old 11-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd give the guy his deer.

What ELSE would anyone do?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Spike

i would give it back as well i think you did the right thing
Old 11-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Same here. Did your uncle ever find his deer?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

fer real...wheres the pics of unc's deer...gaaaa leee
Old 11-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Spike

I wasnt so much asking if I should give it back or not, but if anybody else would take a deer that they found and thought that wouldnt be found. Should have made that more clear before.

As for my uncle's deer, unfortunately we werent able to find it. At the point we found the doe we were doing grid searches throught the woods with no luck.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Ur a good guy I had a big 10 or twelve jacked from me this year
Old 11-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

U done great!!! I would have been greatful to have had someone do this for me. I would have at least propped it open to cool and then helped take up trail on your deer to help you as well. Least I could have done!!!
Next time I shoot a deer a deer I will call you and point you in its direction and come find you after you have it dressed and then help you drag it out to my truck!!!! LOL!!!! Have a great season and sorry your uncle did not find his deer.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 AM
Fork Horn

I would've done the same exact thing you did
Old 11-14-2011, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't have touched the deer. You didn't kill it, it's not a waste if nobody finds it, nature will take care of it and you never know the situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.