Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can you tell me if this is a wound from an arrow/bolt/etc? >

Can you tell me if this is a wound from an arrow/bolt/etc?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can you tell me if this is a wound from an arrow/bolt/etc?

Old 11-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Spike

Leesa, sorry to hear about you horse and I hope he recovers from that. I'm not seeing the arrow theory because of the upward angle of the trauma. Unless there are places on your property which could create that sort of uphill shot? Don't know what state your from, but have you considered that maybe he was attacked by a buck (whitetail deer) with a good size rack? It is the time of the year when bucks either want to fight or breed and it looks to be about the right height for a buck if he had his head down and swung it up into the horses shoulder. I've heard of bucks doing some crazy things this time of year like running through glass walls because they saw their reflections. I certainly hope it's not from someone with a bow or crossbow because I really love archery! However, there are cruel, crazy, and stupid people in all facets of life who don't realize their outcomes before they act and show little to no remorse. Again, my guess is with the buck theory or maybe some sort of metal stake coming out of the ground, but that's just an opinion. Ron
Old 11-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Could it have been something he may have laid down on that caused it?