Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First P&Y in Indiana!!! >

First P&Y in Indiana!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First P&Y in Indiana!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default First P&Y in Indiana!!!

I normally don't take a buck in Archery season in the hopes of seeing "Mr. Big" during firearms season..

Well I had to work at 1pm Friday... So w/ the rut ramping up... I thought I'd go out to some private property in Franklin County...

I was out Thursday & saw 9 deer from this spot... But the bigger bodied deer id seen were 120 yds through the woods... So today i moved my summit viper to the top of the ridge where id seen them go through... Got in the stand at 1st light & climbed up... And a buddy came in a little later after he got off working 3rd shift...

He kicked a spike & doe past me... As he was sitting near where I was on tues...

About 9:00 he texts me that he saw a doe... And about 9:15 I have a doe walk through... I thought it was the same single doe that he'd seen... But turns out it had been walking the other direction... Kinda funny how people sitting only 120yds apart can see totally different deer... Well I took a shot at 35 yds and caught a branch deflecting the arrow just in front of her... And she ran off... Then I notice a 2nd doe behind her... Walking the same trail... Decide that I'm going to take her as soon as she steps into the shooting lane... She walks behind a tree... And I start to draw... But she stops behind the tree & looks back..we all know what that means... So I let down.. And just so happen to look to my right... And here comes a pretty decent buck... I decide that if he gives me he opportunity... I might try take him... He continues on the trail and is broadside at 20 yds... Walks behind a tree... I get draw & he pops out on the other side... And puts his head down... I get the pin settled... And as I'm trying to decide if I want to shoot him... The release goes off by some subconscious reaction... And the GoldTip hits him in the spine & he falls... I thought he was done... But he keeps kicking w/ his belly is up in the really thick stuff... So I tried to thread another arrow through... And it gets deflected & just barely passes through above his spine... Then he spun around some more... And I was able to thread an arrow through into his shoulder into the lungs... The Grim reapers did there job & he expired... After gutting I found the 1st broadhead lodged into his brisket... And was a fatal shot... But w/ the lack of blood from the high hit... I just wanted to make sure he didn't get up & run off!!!

Measured him out at 144 7/8" this morning...

Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Spike

Congrats! Nice Buck!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Spike

Congratulations! Nice buck.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

very nice... thanks for posting
Old 11-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

beautiful buck... congrats!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

A very good reason not to gun hunt!! Congrats on a great buck!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

nice buck! thanks for the sharing
Old 11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beauty.....congrats!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Archery is better than rifle any day. Congratulations, nice buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.