HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Another Buck thanks to Magnus (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/353063-another-buck-thanks-magnus.html)

bronko22000 11-09-2011 03:42 PM

Another Buck thanks to Magnus

1 Attachment(s)
With all the hype over Rage and other mechanical broadheads I just thought I would show you my 5th buck in as many years using Magnus Stinger 100 gr Broadheads. These heads have accounted for those 5 buck, 2 mature bison bulls (125 gr heads) and one bobcat. Each and every animal expired within sight. The farthest traveling about 75 yds. This latest buck was shot at 43 yds and went 40 yds and collapsed.
Quick kills, excellent flight and lifetime guarantee. What else could you ask for.

doetrain 11-09-2011 04:32 PM

You must have made a good shot and the broadhead did it's job. My buddy used the same broadhead you use but hit the shoulder blade and lost his big Buck. Fixed or non if the shot is not good they don't drop all the time especially if it's a big strong Buck like my buddy hit last Friday. I'm glad you got yours and he did not go far,thats what we all hope for.

1shotkill1993 11-10-2011 06:01 AM

As it has been said many times before, its not the broadhead, it's the shot and shot placement itself. Great job!

Bernie P. 11-10-2011 06:34 AM

Nice buck!I'm also a Magnus user.

WNYhunter 11-10-2011 08:59 AM

congrats on the buck. I also am a magnus guy (I am a former spitfire guy). After losing 1 deer to the spitfire and I know they are a good broadhead, I went back to the magnus. Shot my buck yesterday and he went 75 yards with a blood trail stevie wonder could follow.

bronko22000 11-10-2011 10:11 AM

1shot and doetrain. I definately agree that shot placement is critical. If you look carefully at the pic, you can see the shot placement was very tight behind the front shoulder. You can't actually see the wound but pretty much tell where the blood starts. However, I've used Muzzy 4 blade and 3 blade as well as Slick Trick broadheads and have shot deer with them and recovered them after some tracking - sometimes long painful tracking jobs. But for some reason, with the Stingers, the animals don't run far after shot. In my initial post, of the stated 5 buck, three only ran about 20 yards with tail up, stopped, lowered their tails and started walking, stop, stumble, and fall down. (sort of like a drunk on Sat nite!). I honestly think that the BH goes thru so fast that they think they got stung by a bee or something. I would imagine you would get the same effect with something like a Muzzy Phanthom or similar head.

SunRiverMan 11-11-2011 01:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I use the Stinger Buzzcut and they are awesome. When I shot my buck ducked and turned. The blade entered the left shoulder as he was turning and went through like butter.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but here's mine for this year.

bronko22000 11-12-2011 03:43 AM

SunRiver, Looks like you got lucky on that high hit and severed one (or both) of the major arterys that run along the spine. But as for the blood trail. That's exactly how mine was from where he stood, til where he died. But I guess that's what happens when you open up the pumper. How far did he go.

Edcyclopedia 11-12-2011 02:58 PM

Spectacular:happy0001:

jethropew 11-13-2011 10:12 AM

Even good shot placement cant make up for an expandable not deploying or a dull blade.
Also, is the broadhead accurate. Hopefully you've made all those determinations before you put your pin on that deer.

Congrats on your successful season.