Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2015 WBH broadhead shoot >

2015 WBH broadhead shoot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2015 WBH broadhead shoot

Old 09-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default 2015 WBH broadhead shoot

Day one of the WBH broadhead shoot is in the books (69th year running). Man was it hot. Expected to be in the 90's for the next 2 days. I got all set up for my novelty broadhead shoot.

The target.

One shooter going for the 30 point dot (1 inch dia,) Was a bit "high" with his toxic broadhead. He didnt make it through the emergency 1/2" plywood backstop

Here is a broadhead tipped archer going for the long range out west novelty shot

Thanks to the zoom on my camera I could see the target.

A video of a trad bowhunter sending broadheads out on the same long range shot.

http://vid182.photobucket.com/albums...psqamvbgb5.mp4

Two more days left of bowhunters and broadheads. One week away from the WI opener.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

That trad shooter's arrow were coming off the bow nicely. Looks like he's been at it for a while. Takes me way back to the days before compounds and rangefinders.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Day 2 was even hotter than day one. I was pretty busy throughout the day with my novelty shoot but I did get away to take some pics of the event.

There is a bow testing area that allowed bowhunters to gather all manner of data on their set ups

Even though I've done the workup on my bow at home I ran it through the system here.

Archers of all ages getting instruction before entering the 29 target wooded course with their broaheads.

Target one.

Some early morning folks on the practice range

It was good to see entire families shooting broadheads even if some were not old enough to hunt. Nothing like getting them prepared for bowhunting as early as possible.

The final day of the event is tomorrow.