Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
has this happened to you? arrow deflecting off deer... >

has this happened to you? arrow deflecting off deer...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

has this happened to you? arrow deflecting off deer...

Old 11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, G5 Monotec, never used them again. A sharp head will slice and dice.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by critterkiller88
ya the blades were bent, oring ripped. i kind of expect this to happen because the blades on the rages are so thin. im glad im not the only one this has happened to. now if i could just find the spot i was hunting sunday id be in business. i walked today and couldnt find it. sat on another trail i found but saw nothing.

the worst part about my hunt last sunday was after i came to the conclusion that i didnt kill the deer, i couldnt find my way out of the woods as it was now dark and i was pretty deep in the woods. i knew i had to walk north but in the dark it was hard to stay on track. it took me 15 minutes to find my spot in the daylight... took over an hour to find my way out! i bought a gps today and took it out to the field. i wont be leaving home without this little gizmo thats for sure
Actually there as thick or thicker than a lot of fixed heads.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
That is one of the reasons I will not let people use mechanicals on my land. Your arrow deflected and all you did was cut into the skin (which is why you saw the clear fluid on your arrow). Ive seen it twice with quartering away shots and mechanicals. Shots that would have been dead deer with a fixed head.
Another uneductaed comment.

Fixed heads deflect at times too.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Get the right kind of head. Cut on contact fixed head. Ive tested many mechanicals for different shops, they work, but have flaws. Fixed heads have issues, but nothing compared to mechanicals. Out of all the heads, a fixed, cut on contact will out do all other heads.

And that is simply your opinion.

And my opinion I will take a Rage to the woods with me everyday and twice on Sunday!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by annika3

Uneducated???????????? Oh ok. Get a life.

Please bursh up on you reading skills and reread my post. I can only assume you have been at this game a few years and know everything about archery. Typical.

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 11-15-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Please bursh up on you reading skills and reread my post. I can only assume you have been at this game a few years and know everything about archery. Typical.

Good answer Kent.... it seems that most of the ones that know it all have been alive less than I've been hunting... One reason I stay away from most of the hunt forums, they know it all!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by annika3

With all due respect, Burnie has forgotten more about archery than most people learn in a lifetime. Not only has he been hunting for longer than I have been on this earth, he is also a bowyer. I own 5 of his designs. I bought him out when he was closed down shop. Best equipment I own.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

annika....

Out of fairness....why don't you disclose your affiliation (former or otherwise) with the Rage co..
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by darkarrow
With all due respect, Burnie has forgotten more about archery than most people learn in a lifetime. Not only has he been hunting for longer than I have been on this earth, he is also a bowyer. I own 5 of his designs. I bought him out when he was closed down shop. Best equipment I own.
And he's not a bad guy to have a beer with either ... I'm going to hunt with him next week a his place in West Texas.. Right he's a heck of a bowyer.. I always enjoy shooting his bows, I don't even like to bring the bows I make around him.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Uneducated was a little strong. My apologies to you but...

Simple question, can fixed blades deflect also?

I have been bowhunting gor 30 years so yes, I do have a little knowledge.

GMMAT - I have said my affiliation numerous times on here so I don't think it's worth repeating. But one thing for sure, I have ZERO to gain with my support of Rage BH's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.