Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Night Vision hunting >

Night Vision hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Night Vision hunting

Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Spike

Default Night Vision hunting

I want to hunt at night because i need to be extremely stealthy where i hunt. And for various other reasons, ie the cool factor.

If i got some insanely expensive night vision goggles, does anyone think i would still be able to be accurate with a compound bow?

This is a semi serious idea, but with prices on goggles in the $1k range, its something i would have to commit to.

So please, give me your thoughts and ideas and shoot, if anyone has actually done this give me your experiences.

Thanks alot
Old 11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

What are u trying to hunt
Old 11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

might want to look into your local or state laws before you drop the coin on goggles.

My state says that you can take a deer 30 min before sunrise and 30 min after sun set.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

While it could be cool it is not legal where I am probably in most states.
It would be awkward with a pair of googles like that.
I have used a milatary pair before that it might be possible . The price of them will be a lot higher than that. It sounds like you are bordering on doing something illegal
Old 11-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

In Texas it is legal for hogs only, I know in a few other southern states it is also legal for hogs only so don't plan on deer hunting.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
might want to look into your local or state laws before you drop the coin on goggles.

My state says that you can take a deer 30 min before sunrise and 30 min after sun set.

I will second that....
Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Spike

I don't think you have to be that stealthy no matter where you hunt... and I don't know if it's just me but I don't think I'd feel cool hunting in NVGs... I'd feel cheap. Nightime is when the deer get a chance to relax from hunters.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

put on some regular goggels and see how you shoot. Sunglasses don't work for me.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Am I the only one who thinks this is poaching?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PABrent
Am I the only one who thinks this is poaching?
By the responses, no. The person has not given enough detail to make it poaching, when they do...until then there are good reasons to want to know what he's asking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.