HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Would you use scent that is 1 year old or older? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/352619-would-you-use-scent-1-year-old-older.html)

CVG Ohio 11-02-2011 04:49 PM

Would you use scent that is 1 year old or older?

If you had some left over Golden Estres from last year would you use it? or purchase a new bottle? Does it go bad? Wondering!

CVG Ohio

Damon 11-02-2011 05:53 PM

it goes bad, buy new.

Doughboy2 11-03-2011 05:37 AM

I had a code blue doe esterous bottle that was a year old and I used it....4 different bucks came into my area.....CVG....I hunt in the same area.....Glen Este.....

CVG Ohio 11-03-2011 01:32 PM

Doughboy, have you heard of Amelia?

East Fork Wildlife area is mostly where I go.

CVG Ohio

Damon 11-03-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy2 (Post 3870428)
I had a code blue doe esterous bottle that was a year old and I used it....4 different bucks came into my area.....CVG....I hunt in the same area.....Glen Este.....

I had the same and it was "sewage" smelling this year. Maybe it has something to do with storage as well, mine was in the garage all summer (hot at times), who knows.

sutton 11-03-2011 03:56 PM

i keep all my scents in the fridge and they do well but i still always buy a new bottle i mean its not like they r THAT much... when i shoot a buck near or in the rut i always salt the tarsals and freeze them and they work wonders the next year so i agree its all how u store them

dvallilee 11-04-2011 08:20 AM

I also keep my scents in the fridge and use them the following year.I use Bob Kirschner's scents and when you call to place an order he's the person you talk with.He told me as long as you keep it cool it will work just as well if not better. I've had great results using his scents.I made about a 200 yard drag line and had a big 10 pointer follow it right in.He stopped and was looking for the hot doe,giving me a perfect broadside shot.

sgtbowhunter 11-04-2011 12:01 PM

I've used leftover scents from the year before, but fresh or leftover doesn't seem to matter to me. I don't have much luck using scents. Now that the run is on, I will try again and hopefully this will be the year I get a nice buck to come in to some scent.

CVG Ohio 11-04-2011 04:35 PM

I just bought some fresh scentand noticed that there is no date on the Doe Pee. I checked out all the different ones that D*cks had and non of them had a date on the bottle. Also I noticed they all say botteled during the rut, so question is last years rut? Because the rut is now starting here so they could not have bottled it this year. I know I am becoming very skeptical of some of the products on the market. I guess it is how you store it. Is this stuff a chemical composition or actually Doe Pee?( and who held the bottle? ;D)

Sorry about the rant.

CVG Ohio