Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Keeping Alert on Stand >

Keeping Alert on Stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping Alert on Stand

Old 11-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

On all day sits Ill take along my PSP & the World Series of Poker game. I love playing Texas Hold EM Tournaments while on stand. It passes the time & keeps me sharp for the Deer Camp Hold Em games after the hunt.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got tired last evening while finishing a day of hunting,tried one of those 5 hour energy things and man did it help me through the last hour. I had never tried one before because I thought it would make me shake or mess with me to much. But it gave me quite a boost,just thought I would mension it if you have never tried one.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
I got tired last evening while finishing a day of hunting,tried one of those 5 hour energy things and man did it help me through the last hour. I had never tried one before because I thought it would make me shake or mess with me to much. But it gave me quite a boost,just thought I would mension it if you have never tried one.
i was wondering about those after seeing them countless times on tv. i'll try them the next 2 days cause im doing all day hunts. thanks
Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Spike

The energy shots depend on the person... I've tried them and don't think they work so I don't waste my time. But I have a friend that works 3rd shift and swears by them.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Hand held Yahtzee I rolled a 417 just the other day.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

I usually play around on the internet with my phone, it has cost me a couple doe's but thankfully no bucks have been able to creep in on me yet.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try to think of songs, like the ones from all those shows back when you where a kid, I remembered The Brady Bunch and Gilligans Island this past weekend...