HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Activity (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/352185-activity.html)

Damon 10-25-2011 04:25 PM

Activity

I have been seeing alot of posts on scrapes/rubs. I was wondering if anyone in the NE Wi was seeing anything yet??? I havent seen anything, no rub, no scrape,nadda. I have had the cams out for several weeks a couple Does with young uns and a tiny 4-point, turkeys,bear and 'coons. At first I thoguht it was because the corn was still up around me but I would think the bucks would leave that come "time" so now it leaves me wondering if I bought the only woods in the middle of nowhere that doesnt have bucks!:action-smiley-099:

onion721 10-25-2011 06:02 PM

The absence scrapes and rubs doesn't necessarily indicate that there are no bucks.
They could prefer scraping on the neighbors property.

We have a small piece of property(18acres) in So. Indiana that never has scrapes, rubs yeah.
But there are tons of scrapes on the adjoining property.

We also have 196 acres across the county that is scraped up like mad..

But the biggest bucks we kill are on the 18 acre property, due to the natural pinch point created by a ridge and creek that connect 2 very large pieces of property.

You got does, you'll have bucks eventually.

If you have any oak trees, that's where I would focus for the next week.
They're killing acorns in my area.

afd33 10-25-2011 07:05 PM

Just from shining the Kewaunee county area the rut is starting to kick in. Went last night and braved some of the rain tonight, last night there were still quite a few does that were with their fawns, but the occasional buck chasing a doe. Tonight the weather is so crappy me and my bud went out for a little bit just to look at the spots we always see deer in and there were a couple of nicer bucks staring each other down before the bigger once chased off the smaller one.

ek_buckmaster 10-25-2011 07:05 PM

Im in central wi (portage county) and I found my first scrape two weeks ago, no rubs yet tho

backwoods13 10-25-2011 07:48 PM

Im from Ohio i have been finding rubs but no scrapes yet..

npockat32 10-26-2011 07:16 AM

I'm in central WI I have noticed a lot of scrapes popping up in the last 2 weeks. It should only get better from here on. Like previously said, maybe they scrape on the neighbors property. I saw 6 different bucks last weekend but all yearlings and 2.5 year olds.

Damon 10-26-2011 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by onion721 (Post 3866421)
The absence scrapes and rubs doesn't necessarily indicate that there are no bucks.
They could prefer scraping on the neighbors property.

We have a small piece of property(18acres) in So. Indiana that never has scrapes, rubs yeah.
But there are tons of scrapes on the adjoining property.

We also have 196 acres across the county that is scraped up like mad..

But the biggest bucks we kill are on the 18 acre property, due to the natural pinch point created by a ridge and creek that connect 2 very large pieces of property.

You got does, you'll have bucks eventually.

If you have any oak trees, that's where I would focus for the next week.
They're killing acorns in my area.

Yeah, thats what I am counting on is the Does, realize the bucks will follow. I have plenty of Oaks but with Corn still up I havent seen anything showing they are headed that way. It will come and they shall "paas" :)

fordtough150 10-26-2011 04:08 PM

I have found one scrape and a rub on a 2" sapling nearby. I had my camera on the scrape for four days and no pics. When I found the scrape there was a decent set of tracks in it. I found the scrape on Oct. 15 and the rub a few days prior. I have also seen a few other rubs on smaller brushy trees.