Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How to tell you're not a professional archer >

How to tell you're not a professional archer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to tell you're not a professional archer

Old 10-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How to tell you're not a professional archer

You took the arrows recommended by the bow shop tech. And never worried about their weight. They shot good. You kept using them.

Of course, you never worried about the arrow weight because you knew arrows move slower than 30-06 bullets, and there never was anyway of beating their time.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you looking for suggestions? Well:

I don't get to watch myself on TV making an ass of myself flashing logo's all over me showing my sponsors.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Professional archer...

Pro doesn't necessarily mean good. I've never received compensation for shooting my bow. I have however, been rewarded.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

When I asked my pro shop for heavier arrows for better KE he sold me victory HVs and asked how dead do I want them to be? I will not be shopping there any more. I just ordered some piledrivers online. I usually always try to give my buisness to the local mom and pop stores but I hate being told what I want.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, as you can see from the pic, I'm definitely not a professional archer. My bow is an old outdated Browning Vanguard LX, Whisker Biscuit arrow rest, Easton 400 CarbonAeros arrows with 3 inch fletching(The second set for these shafts) and they're tipped with Cabelas 3 bladed 100gr. expandables that I purchased new for $15 for 3 and have used Grim Reapers and Wasp expandables with equal success. Notice that there are no string silencers or noise dampeners and no peep site. I use a No Peep and the new sight I picked up at a yard sale for $8 this past summer. I shot this immature buck at 10 yards last Friday. I've lost count but I'm thinking this is the 15th or 16th deer to fall to this setup in 7 seasons and most fall within sight or hearing distance. I don't feel the need to trophy hunt and deprive myself of tasty venison nor feel the need to impress my peers with the latest and greatest equipment.
Attached Thumbnails How to tell you're not a professional archer-2011-7pt..jpg  
Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
New Sheriff

Nice job WVCG, you take all the challenge out of killing deer with expensive equipment