Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Old?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the input guys. Just checked my cam today and had a few more pics of him, i would have to say i would probably have to agree with him only being 3. He gets the free pass from me this year. The only part that sucks about this is that ill never see him at 4 years old, this is the last year i have access to the farm he lives on. The family that owns it is selling it to the state and they are annexing it into a state park.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by FF/EMT
Thanks for all the input guys. Just checked my cam today and had a few more pics of him, i would have to say i would probably have to agree with him only being 3. He gets the free pass from me this year. The only part that sucks about this is that ill never see him at 4 years old, this is the last year i have access to the farm he lives on. The family that owns it is selling it to the state and they are annexing it into a state park.
That sucks Tom. Hate to say it, but I would have to let the air out of him then. Burt then again, I would probably shoot him anyways, he is a nice buck.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

I find it hard to believe it's the same deer as well. Actually the video from last year, that deer looks slightly bigger. I would say both pic's and video the deer are 3.5. IMO the hard horn pic buck is smaller than the video buck.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
I find it hard to believe it's the same deer as well. Actually the video from last year, that deer looks slightly bigger. I would say both pic's and video the deer are 3.5. IMO the hard horn pic buck is smaller than the video buck.
I thought the same thing as well. However, I think the pictured deer from this year looks like he is 2.5. Either way, I'd shoot him...especially if you ain't got access to that land in the future!