Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
baiting situation >

baiting situation

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

baiting situation

Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Tell him to just buy some cmere deer. AT least thats not obvious.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:07 AM
Fork Horn

I agree that talking to him about it is probably the best idea. Don't go off on him just remind him that it is illegal and leave it at that. He should get the hint. I would not steal his stand. You wouldn't like it if someone stole your stuff so why do it to him...bait or no bait.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with the others. Try talking to the guy or leave a note and work incrementally from there. You don't have to use the nuclear option (calling the game warden) if he gets the hint...maybe he's not even aware of the baiting rules.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Spike

There is a chance he doesn't know the no baiting rule. But regardless, you should talk to him first, explain your concerns, you never know the poor guy might be completely broke with a starving family, and a buddy that had some extra corn. Don't get the game commission involved. I'm from PA and no I don't bait, but I just hate to see the hunters turning on hunters. Try and resolve it between yourselves.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like your in for an old fashioned ass whoopin.

not your business...........don't make it.

pa. is huge . find a place to hunt where pink panties are ok.

Scranton?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckyou
sounds like your in for an old fashioned ass whoopin.

not your business...........don't make it.

pa. is huge . find a place to hunt where pink panties are ok.

Scranton?
how isnt it my buisness, he set up his stand with in 50 yards of mine and is now baiting? yes definitely in for an asswhoopin if he isnt following the state games laws (sarcasm) he is making my stand illegal to hunt because of his baiting. if he wants to bait get his own land or hunt in the middle of no where, or hunt in another state.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:17 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

What if he is just trying to eat?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dpv
What if he is just trying to eat?
i can completely understand that, 100%. but from talking to him once last year i don't think its the case. He talks about all the hunting he does in the surrounding counties for "the big ones" i know a lot can change in a year. I just feel like i need to talk to him about it, if its for that purpose fine by me.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
i can completely understand that, 100%. but from talking to him once last year i don't think its the case. He talks about all the hunting he does in the surrounding counties for "the big ones" i know a lot can change in a year. I just feel like i need to talk to him about it, if its for that purpose fine by me.
I wouldnt go pointin fingers....ask if it was him...go from there....better to make a friend than an enemy....maybe tell him you got shook down by dnr for some corn? Gl
Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

2 things.

1) Pennsylvania has some of the most bizarre game laws and hunting attitudes/traditions in the country. And I say that as someone who hunts there every year.

2) In most of the country, baiting is legal.

I would assume, unless you know otherwise, that he has no idea baiting is illegal. And if you see him, ask him about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.