HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Which tree stand? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/35209-tree-stand.html)

longspring 08-13-2003 08:37 PM

Which tree stand?

I' ve been contemplating a new climbing stand. Narrowed it down to 2 choices, either tree lounge or lone wolf. Anybody have any input. I have an older tree lounge, but it' s too darn heavy and I' m not as young as I used to be. As far as the lone wolf, I' ve never used a stand with a traction belt, not sure about comfort and safety, but only weighs 15lbs. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

CLOUD 9, MN 08-13-2003 11:02 PM

RE: Which tree stand?

If those are the two choices I' d go with the Lone Wolf. I' ve never been to impressed with the Tree Lounge for bowhunting.

Good Luck!

jklinger 08-13-2003 11:08 PM

I currently have a Lonewolf stand. Nice to pack in if you' re walking a long distance, but very uncomfortable if sitting for long periods of time. If Lonewolf and Tree Lounge are your only choices, I' d recommend Tree Lounge b/c you can sit in it for longer periods of time. I' m going to sell the Lonewolf and buy a Summit Viper.

PAHUNTER21 08-14-2003 12:56 AM

The Tree Lounge is a nice idea, but there is just too much going on for me there. I purchased one for last season and sold it about half way through. I got sick of screwing and unscrewing knobs. The accessories jack the price up pretty good too. Just something to think about.

Also think about messin around with those knobs in frigid temps. You' ll just wish your fingers would fall off.

It' s not made for short people either.

trestand 08-14-2003 06:08 AM

At 5am in the morning,a few years ago,I listened to my buddy set up his Tree Lounger about 175yds away from me.So if I can hear it,I`m sure everthing else in the woods did.They just remind me of trying to drag a Lazy-Boy in the woods.The Lone Wolf has some good points and they are pricey.Just buy a Summit Viper,solid,quiet,comfortable,and reasonally priced.

Cougar Mag 08-14-2003 06:49 AM

I bought a Lone Wolf Sit-n-Climb(19 lbs.) last year, best investment in a stand I made in years. As said above, not as comfortable with the sling seat, but all I did was add a seat pad and its very comfortable now! If you are considering the Lone Wolf hand climbing model it is a little more comfortable right out of the box.

Hey, no slipping with the traction belt and as much as I used it no wear at all! Let me tell you, the steel wire reinforced traction belt on the Lone Wolf will grab the tree like no other! I' ve had 4 other major brands and the Lone Wolf is just right for me.

hunter25 08-14-2003 06:54 AM

My advice, just get a Summit Viper. I promise you' ll love it!

justhrowit 08-14-2003 07:23 AM

Stay away from the tree lounge. Nice stand and all. Really comfortable!!!! Not worth the time it takes to set up and take down. All the knobs and crap suck. I sold mine and bought a summit. Never looked back.

justhrowit

P.S Tree lounge is pretty noisy as well!!!!

parker1 08-14-2003 10:11 AM

I suggest you at least look at the Summit line. The best stands that I ever packed in and sat in all day!!!!!!!!!

liquidorange 08-14-2003 03:49 PM

love my tree lounge but you do need to simplify and get the set up and take down process down pat. i have found many short cuts. i can do mine in the dark and have learned to install it just as quiet as the rest of them. i recently bought the new lighter version. i think its 19 lbs so it should compete with most stands. if you cant hunt all day whats the sence of buying a stand that is uncomfortable.you could always put the wheels on it and also have a ready deer cart. you could attach all your gear and just wheel it in. put some glow paint on the knobs and silicone where the flat bars attach and your quiet as any stand. i laugh at the guys stuffed up on those platform type stands with the seat no bigger than the yellow pages. i can sleep in mine if need be and have become pretty good at doing # 1 off it if i forget my bottle. the tree lounge aint no toy and is meant for serious all day action. good luck in choosing!