Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What an awesome night on stand >

What an awesome night on stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What an awesome night on stand

Old 10-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default What an awesome night on stand

Rattled in my first buck ever last night ever! And to top it off, he would have been a nice shooter if he came all the way in, but he didnt. He put on one hell of a show tho. I couldnt see him for the longest time, but he was only about 75 yards from me. He spent about 20 minutes making scrapes, and trashing trees. When he finally came into view, I got to watch him for a few minutes makking a scrape. He started to go back the way he came from, so I did a snort wheeze with my mouth. He stopped and looked my way, but he ended up going back the way he came. Man was he pissed when he couldnt see the bucks fighting.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

unless ya won a contest doin so, i wouldnt snort weez with yer mouth...a very light rattle...like barely touchin.... it will let him hone in on ya, so make sure the cover is good, hide from him while doin so...any movement by you and yer busted...but you can at least get him another 50 yards closer.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

After i get done with a rattling sequence i will lower the horns down to the ground with my bow hoisting rope and if the buck holds up and is looking in my direction i can lightly pull on the rope and rub against leaves and the tree the stand is on, seems to work good with minimal movement.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

I've snort weezed with my mouth many times, i wouldn't worry about doing it... if they're gonna get scared by it they would have got scared by a snort wheeze call too. JMO

but also i would have probably just let out a little grunt.

Nice Job on rattling one in though!!! it's fun, I rattled in my two biggest bucks ever!