Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Trackable Arrow Survey >

Trackable Arrow Survey

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trackable Arrow Survey

Old 10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Spike

Default Trackable Arrow Survey

Hello I am in a High School Engineering class this year and am trying to develope an arrow that is able to be tracked while hunting. Before I begin the designing process for this project I must have 300 plus surveys completed. If you could help me in reaching this goal by completing the survey below that would be great. Thanks, Arrow Hunter.

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-su...OJNEIL_ec4c020
Old 10-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

why are you making another post about this?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

That would be big money, you'll have to pay for the research from me, sorry.

I don't click on links from people with one post.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would not be big money..... in fact it would illegal in most states.... look at regs ?!? Many states mention electronic arrow tracking devices as illegal.

Besides, this technology has been developed and marketed a few times over the years and seemed to go over like a lead balloon! LOL!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
It would not be big money..... in fact it would illegal in most states.... look at regs ?!? Many states mention electronic arrow tracking devices as illegal.

Besides, this technology has been developed and marketed a few times over the years and seemed to go over like a lead balloon! LOL!
Not the one I've come up with. I didn't know about any regs but I think there's room. Pretty sure Ohio has never mentioned it.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

waste of money. Ive shot 4 deer this year and had a Pass thru on every deer. Wouldnt need to track my arrow thats 20 yards from my stand.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

For a HS project I think its great, good luck with it,
Hope you let us know what you come up with
Old 10-29-2011, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PABrent
waste of money. Ive shot 4 deer this year and had a Pass thru on every deer. Wouldnt need to track my arrow thats 20 yards from my stand.
This sums it up pretty well. No need to track it when I can see it from my stand.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

More than enogh interest in the product with all the hunters that can't find their deer. Could be a product that sells for 30 bucks or less. A similar product already sells for 20.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think it would sell to good but you know how the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted.Now if you can design a device that sticks to the deer upon impact I might be interested but I shoot all my deer at 10 to 20 yards the arrow is in and out so the arrow becomes of little importance to me.