HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rage or G5 T3 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/351871-rage-g5-t3.html)

Brow Tine Productions 10-19-2011 07:19 PM

Rage or G5 T3

We recently lost a deer on video due to the Rage 3 blade systems not opening upon impact of the deer. Found ZERO blood and never recorvered the deer. I have researched this problem and found that the foam quivers play issues with the Rage Broadheads and causing them to not deploy. We are also not a fan of the rubber O-ring system. We don't think you need to replace these everytime they are shot. We are switching to the G5 T3 mechanicals as a team. Any thoughts on these?

itsslow98 10-19-2011 09:52 PM

I prefer spitfires but heard good thigns about the t3s as well. ALso reapers seem to be up there as well.

TX_Hoghunter 10-20-2011 01:55 PM

Tried the T3's on 2 deer this season. Went back to Rage. I was not happy with them at all. First doe we tracked for 1 mile before recovering her. Shot a cull 6 point. Blade did not open properly. Never recovered him. Went back to rage. Shot a 10 point 19 inch inside spread went maybe 75 yards. I have shot I think 20 animals with rages and never had a problem.

-john

annika3 10-20-2011 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brow Tine Productions (Post 3863752)
We recently lost a deer on video due to the Rage 3 blade systems not opening upon impact of the deer. Found ZERO blood and never recorvered the deer. I have researched this problem and found that the foam quivers play issues with the Rage Broadheads and causing them to not deploy. We are also not a fan of the rubber O-ring system. We don't think you need to replace these everytime they are shot. We are switching to the G5 T3 mechanicals as a team. Any thoughts on these?

I am so sick of these threads.

How could you possibly know the blades didn't open IF YOU DIDN'T FIND THE DEER!!!!!!!!!!

Jackson Bowner 10-20-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by annika3 (Post 3864115)
How could you possibly know the blades didn't open IF YOU DIDN'T FIND THE DEER!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto to that

Originally Posted by Brow Tine Productions (Post 3863752)
I have researched this problem and found that the foam quivers play issues with the Rage Broadheads and causing them to not deploy.

It would be helpful for visitors of this thread to have the data that the your research presents for us to support this statement. I would imagine that Rage would like to have this data as well.

westtexducks 10-20-2011 05:09 PM

I found a pic of a guy holding up a rage the other day with bent blades from who knows what claiming that it had not opened and you could clearly see that the thing was not in the original position so moved somewhere to look like it did. It looked just like the rage my brother had sent through a doe last year and had opened flawlessly. I guess if it does not look like the picture on the box when they find the arrow they assume that it did not work which is not the case. We to have had zero troubles and have shot 5 animals with them with all of the animals traveling less than 50 yards. But everybody has issues with some products kinda like barnett crossbows and the remington 770. Why do people beat this dead horse so much? They should really add that emoticon.:happy0157:

huntingkidPA 10-20-2011 05:24 PM

if your afraid of a mech failing just use a NAP blood runner. best of both worlds. personally never had a problem with Rages.

hoytguy08 10-20-2011 05:25 PM

With the nature of both broadheads, I guarantee if they go through a deer they opened. I use g5 tekans and love them. I have used rage and the only thing i didnt like was penetration seemed a little affected. People its the shot you put on the deer that causes them to run 50 yds dumping blood vs run a mile with a few drops. NOT the broadhead.

TX_Hoghunter 10-20-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by hoytguy08 (Post 3864181)
With the nature of both broadheads, I guarantee if they go through a deer they opened. I use g5 tekans and love them. I have used rage and the only thing i didnt like was penetration seemed a little affected. People its the shot you put on the deer that causes them to run 50 yds dumping blood vs run a mile with a few drops. NOT the broadhead.

Not always. On the cull buck the broadhead did not function properly. I watched the arrow go though him. I have been bow hunting since 1988. I know what happened.

-john

turkeyslayer15 10-23-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by hoytguy08 (Post 3864181)

Totally agree if you hit em in the right spot it dont matter what you use!!!