Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Would They Attack Me >

Would They Attack Me

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would They Attack Me

Old 10-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bottom Line do what makes YOU feel best. Chances are very slim you would ever have trouble. But people are sometimes attacked by house cats so who the heck knows anything is possible. If you have yotes that aren't afraid of you, there is probably a hunger issue or a health factor such as rabies.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't worry to much about coyotes. But like tribal said, every animal has a mind of its own and if it feels threaten it could possibly attack. But chances are veeeeery slim. Now if that was a pack of wolves... I would be finding the nearest tree and climbing it!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Coyotes do not pose much of a threat to a full grown human. The ones here are as scared of humans as they are fire. And with good reason I might add. You are probably 100 times more likely to contract Lyme's disease from a tick bite than you are to be scratched by a coyote. And Lyme's disease is not exactly common itself.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't think so. But they do like to follow you. I had a pack follow me from my stand to my truck.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input everyone,I'm no expert on this animals tendencies so I thought I would ask for input about them. I still think I will get some spray not only for them but other possible situations,like a rabid animal be it a fox,wild dog or couger which we have some in this area.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Whackadeer
Another reason to carry my Glock
Seriously? LOL! Another reason to increase natural resource education IMO...no reason to be afraid of yotes. I spend more hours in the woods than most (it's my profession), and I've never felt threatened by wolves, bears, or yotes. I'm more concerned about the people that I run into than the animals. Especially jumpy people that feel compelled to pack heat to defend themselves against some imagined threat.

As has been mentioned, in the rare instance that predators exhibit no fear of humans it's either because they have been severely habituated to people (e.g. former pets or something like overfed bears in parks) or because they have a health issue (like rabies). Think about it...any critter that is too brazen doesn't last long, so there aren't many like this out there in the wild.

Last edited by UPHunter08; 10-11-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

I carry a pistol in the field for emergency situations , I have never heard of a pack of coyotes doing anything to a human but you never know, If I suddenly have one attached to my arm some day I will at least be able to give myself a fighting chance. same goes with any other animal in the woods, it could happen to anyone at any time.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Spike

We had them stalk us before while walking up a mountain in the dark without our flashlights on. As we were heading up a steep mountain on the left its a steep incline and on the right very steep decline, one or more were below and could hear wippering following along parralle to us. Then we would occasionlly hear something above on the incline. We finally stopped and put our lights on and caught some fur to see it was a yote and as soon as we shined the light up and down they took off. Pretty sure they thought we were deer, we weren't moving fast and there was no wind so they couldn't really smell us. Thought it was pretty cool experience. Wasn't to worried about it and still not worried about it.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Spike

http://www.killsometime.com/videos/7...o-Eat-Some-Guy

this video says yes they may try to eat you, but i wouldnt worry to much
Old 10-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been surrounded by a pack with them howling one night coming out from a eve hunt but they just moved on, was kinda scary tho lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.