Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Would They Attack Me >

Would They Attack Me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would They Attack Me

Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Would They Attack Me

I was coming out of my hunting spot at dark and ran into a pack of Coyotes at a power line clearing. They where the reason I think I saw no deer that evening. Anyone ever been attacked by a pack of Coyotes or just a couple of them? I have seen some really big ones in my years of hunting and I would think they could do some damage if they wanted to. I'm getting some pepper spray and hooking it to my pack strap before I go out again,would you advise this?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

i have never heard of a pack of coyotes attacking a human out right. I know a man that i hunt with that got bit by one a few yrs ago while turkey hunting. It came up and jumped on him from behind while he was seated and calling. But as soon as the coyote realized what he had attacked was not a turkey he hightailed it out of there. I dont think they would ever target you for food. A lil protection could never hurt though
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

They are harmless to humans, the one up here seem to be more scavengers than predators anyway.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Spike

Another reason to carry my Glock
Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Where im from, coyotes are extremely scared of humans. If they even smell you, they are hightailing it outa there. But, if im hunting in the evening and it gets dark and I can here them around me and they are cutting up, it still makes the hair on my body stand up!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

i wouldnt worry about it, and im sure you could easily defend yourself with a knife or your hands. i always have my ka-bar on my belt. i would just be worried about rabies
Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

I had one walk up five feet from me this year. He just looked at me and walked off. As far as I'm concerned coyotes want absolutely nothing to do with humans.

If your having trouble with them running off your deer you should kill a few of them.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

i wouldnt worry about them deer hunting...my father however was turkey hunting on a ridge he just got done calling and he was sitting there. he heard something turned his head and there was a coyote standing less than 5 feet from him as soon as he turned his head it started showing its teeth and growling. his shotgun was laying across his lap. he said he grabbed his shotgun quickly and and pointed in the direction and at the same time the coyote jumped at him he pulled the trigger and the f***er dropped in its tracks 3 1/2 turkey mag destroyed it he was so shook up he didnt tell anybody including me for 3 days since then hes killed 5 more and he never used to kill them
Old 10-10-2011, 06:08 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Like mentioned before, I've had them close turkey hunting but only because they thought they were hunting one! I've seen them deer hunting but the spook easier than deer. We've drug deer out after dark and coyotes get really close. I know their not going to attack me, but it's hard to tell yourself that in the dark! Haha! I would t worry about them, dogs on the other hand I would beware of!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I worry about ticks more than yotes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.