Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Not a good way to start the season or become a rage customer... >

Not a good way to start the season or become a rage customer...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not a good way to start the season or become a rage customer...

Old 10-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Spike

As with anything in hunting, things happen!!!! Avoid the avoidable sounds simple but people over think it. I have used montec's and thunderheads (100 grain) and only had one arrow not pass through. Not arguing just my experience.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sutton
heres the best advice i can give u -> dont shoot rages they r junk

i have 2 left over from my pack and i always take one with me just to shoot a groundhog or raccon or such because i wont waste a goodbroadhead on them but a rage i will no doubt cuz they r junk
sutton, I'm really sorry if I sound like a jerk here, (and to the thread starter I'm sorry for the off subject post) but you're post kind of struck a nerve or a pet peeve of mine. Your response was actually tough to read. I wish some of you guys would stop for a second and realize, we're not your texting buddies. I hope you're inability to actually spell out a 3-letter word, capitalize anything at all, or complete lack of any punctuation isn't how you turn in your work in class. After a few years of texting and typing like that every time you get on a computer or phone, how hard is it going to be for you guys to email your kid's teacher, create an acceptable cover letter and resume or communicate in the professional/business world? I really don't think you guys realize the perception or impression you leave when you type crap like that. I immediately think you are an uneducated, lazy idiot. And all kidding aside, you're probably not any of those things, but it is the impression you give. Again, for the rest of you, sorry for the soap box post.

Now sutton, go ahead with the bashing...I can hear it now:

"u r a jerk sorry im not smart like u if u dont like my post u dont have 2 read it im sure u r an old fart get out of the stone age and n 2 this century..."

My God, that was hard to even type, I had to get my teenage daughter to help me (he he he)

And again, sutton I mean no personal disrespect, I really don't. I just think it's a horrible habit to get stuck in.

Last edited by lovethebigguns; 10-13-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Fixed blades will never fail. Mechanicals have come alone in an attempt try to fix tunning problems.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sutton
ill tell u why people are defending the rages like they r.... because they cant accept the fact that they fell for the incredible advertising and spent the money on some really shi**y broadheads also not everyone but i guarantee most of the people defending the rages have only shot one maybe two animals with them
i wont lie i fell in the "rage trap" i even shot 5 deer with them too im not even gunna get into those stories i will just say they r not a top of the line broadhead and im sorry if u disagree with me but thats my opinion
Really?? I shoot 260-265fps with a Mathews Switchback with a 28" draw and 11 for 11 with passthroughs. 5 of these include mature (260-330 live weight) bucks from Kansas and Iowa. I just don't get how my bow, slow by today's standards, blow through every deer and some can't get any penetration with "perfect" hits?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by onion721
Sorry but a broadhead shold work out of the box, period.
If the end user has to ensure it's going to function correctly then that is a poor design.
Shouldn't you check any BH you buy????

By the way, Rage works right out of the package, PERFECT! PERIOD!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
Fixed blades will never fail. Mechanicals have come alone in an attempt try to fix tunning problems.

So, so, so far from the truth!
Old 10-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by lovethebigguns
sutton, I'm really sorry if I sound like a jerk here, (and to the thread starter I'm sorry for the off subject post) but you're post kind of struck a nerve or a pet peeve of mine. .
Then don't come to a forum where hunters frequent. Never ceases to amaze me when someone pulls the grammar card here. If you understand what's said, good, if not move on. His words were crystal clear, he thinks rages are junk, so what? They maybe junk for him.

I think they're a pain myself and noisy, but they do cut a big hole.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by annika3
Shouldn't you check any BH you buy????

By the way, Rage works right out of the package, PERFECT! PERIOD!
First, yes you have to check them, but there should be no need at the cost. No reason what so ever for a 13 dollar head to not be perfect, THEY should check them before they go out at that cost.

Second, there is no way you could even know all rage heads work perfect, and saying so is smoke and mirrors, nothing works perfect all the time PERIOD!

You sound like someone who should know...What percentage of failure do the producers of Rage experience before shipping them out?

I buy products all the time and failure of them is getting to the ridiculous stage. Most everyone here lives in a house and some work on them. Plumbing has gotten easier with the new fittings that simply push together. One well known one has all kinds of certifications, but I wouldn't use them, I've already seen 3 fail and they're never supposed to. They too use a rubber O-ring.

Years ago a rubber tubing company lost multi millions because their tubing, made by GoodYear failed. You could pick a tube and flex it, move down 2 feet and if you tried to flex it it would shatter. Rubbers funny that way and prone to all kinds of failure. Who makes Rages rubber O-ring?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have never shot a rage or any other mechanical braodhead. But I will say this....every year their are multiple threads about mechanical broadheads (particulaly Rage) failures. How many threads have you seen about fixed blade failures? My point being, is that the more moving parts you have, then there is more opportunities for thing to go wrong. Fixed blade broadhead have been proven successful since the native americans were carving them from stone. I just don't understand the need to change from something that has been as reliable as a fixed blade broadhead.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Spike

I basically stopped hunting with a compound two years ago, but my dad used the rage the last two seasons, and he switched to a G5 for this season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.