Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Quit Buzzing My Deer! >

Quit Buzzing My Deer!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quit Buzzing My Deer!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry Quit Buzzing My Deer!

I have had hunts ruined by other hunters,dogs,coyotes cats,hikers,people horseback riding,four wheelers and by my own B.O. But tonight was a first for me. It was the best time of the evening and the deer began to come out into the bean field when I here what I thought was a low flying plane. The deer looked up as I did to see a motorized parasail buzzing them,well they did not like that and back into the thickets they went. Anyone ever had that happen to you? Now if I had been in that flying machine and saw deer in the field I would have done the same thing,so I will get over it this time. If he does it again he might see a sidewinder arrow buzz him back! Just kidding,I would not do that but the thought passed rough my mind.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually had a Huey helicopter hovering over me once on some military training ground that I hunt.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by lifesadrag
I actually had a Huey helicopter hovering over me once on some military training ground that I hunt.
This is what I think will happen next,the drug guys flying around looking for pot plants which I have seen a couple of times while in the state forest. A huey doing a dust off would sure put the deer in a panic.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probably not looking for Marijuana plants. Most likely you've made it down into the 30's or lower 40's by now and they have all died and can't really be seen. I hunted an area in Kansas that was littered with Pot growing everywhere. Once it gets near a good frost it all dies and the DEA doesn't care at that point because its dead and no one will be picking it. Probably a hobby guy flying.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Dude, If there are Leaves on the vine the DEA cares! What do you think they smoke!
Just sayin
CVG Ohio
Old 10-07-2011, 03:26 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Motorized parasail!!!! LMAO! That would have sucked, but I would have had to laugh! Never seen that before, but I'm like you, would have probably done it myself. Haha! Well, good luck with the rest of your season.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CVG Ohio
Dude, If there are Leaves on the vine the DEA cares! What do you think they smoke!
Just sayin
CVG Ohio
FYI, with Marijuana you don't smoke the leaves. If a plant just has leaves on it most DEA would know it is a wild plant and just keep walking.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fastetti
FYI, with Marijuana you don't smoke the leaves. If a plant just has leaves on it most DEA would know it is a wild plant and just keep walking.

Pretty bold statement I take it you are a DEA agent?... Any LEO knows that if a plant is standing it must should be cut down (regardless of State, local, or federal)... We are mandated if we see it to cut it down. Eliminates the possibility of it being used for any purpose; 99.9% of the time it is your standard run of the mill ditchweed, but regardless drug interdiction is a DEA job, I believe any who care about their job would cut it down.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to smoke pot and we always smoked the leaves.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

"I used to smoke pot and we always smoked the leaves." L O L
Anyways, I doubt the DEA is cruising the countryside in ultralites, probably just a hobbyist.
I hunt a National Guard site in Illinois, and there are several areas off limits to hunting. One year they warned us that the Guard would be monitoring the hunt by helicopter. Sure enough, I had a Blackhawk fly over me low. Didn't see anything for the rest of the afternoon, but that could have been a coincidence I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.