Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Where to hunt during warm weather? >

Where to hunt during warm weather?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where to hunt during warm weather?

Old 10-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Where to hunt during warm weather?

The weather is unusually warm and I was wondering what set up most of you guys like to hunt for weather that is warmer than usually? Thanks!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

around here they are still on feeding patterns, so near a route to a food source or on a food source.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out last night and it was 82 here in Indiana. I hunted from the ground in a bean field and after changing my short sleve shirt after hiking in was pretty comfortable in the shade. If it's not humid and there is a little breeze it's doable with relative comfort. Here in Indiana when the sun begins to set it cools off quickly this time of year. I simply wear a thin pair of pants and a wicking type jersey long sleeve with my bug suit and turkey face mask,light gloves and floppy junke hat. Take some clean up wipes with you to wipe the sweat away and some cold water to cool yourself down for scent control. The deer started coming out at sunset right on cue, unfortunately some guy in a motorized parasail buzzed the deer and spooked them back into the woods,hunt over. Take care and don't let the heat keep you out the deer still move even if only with 30 minutes of light left like last night for me.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

During hot weather, deer may move later in the evenings especially waiting on the sun to go down before moving into the fields. Try a set-up a little closer to the bedding areas, or if you generally hunt fields, try hunting around food sources within the timber. Find those transition or holding areas between the bedding and major food sources.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:32 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

I Agree, a little closer to bedding areas is were I go in on warmer days. I've also learned if your going to hunt food plots, setup were to sun dosent set in your face, it's brutal here in bama! LOL!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

I'll be in the shade hunting falling acorns.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

water.water.water. enough said
Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

As close to the bedding areas is the best hope,I tried getting near water but had no success in the evenings or mornings. The only time I saw them near the water was around 2 in the afternoon when I did a couple of all dayers. They do what they want when they want to so it's hard at times to figure them out in the warm stuff. One thing we all consistantly see when it's warm is those shadows right at sunset.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt from the couch! I don't hunt until temps are in the 50's