HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   another question about arrow rests specific (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/35093-another-question-about-arrow-rests-specific.html)

northwoods_rob 08-12-2003 02:19 PM

another question about arrow rests specific

The answers i got where the Muzzy (Zero effect)? and the trophy taker when i asked about what people liked.

My new question is, are these both fall away rests? I am not keen on that idea yet. i have seen arrows fall down in the past when the rest lets loose before you can take a shot. Is this the case with these as well. Or is there some type of safe gaurd in place. I would really like info on your thoughts.

Any other good rests that may not be fall away that i should take a look at?

mez 08-12-2003 02:51 PM

RE: another question about arrow rests specific

BoDoodle Pro lite.

Jeepnut 08-12-2003 02:54 PM

I believe both that you mentioned are fall away rests. I have read a lot of good things about fall aways but I just don' t like the idea of having another moving part to have to rely upon. They may be great, but mine works just fine too. I use a NAP Quicktune 3000. I love the ability to micro adjust the rest to help fine tune my arrow flight. I' ve had mine for 3 years and the silencing material on the prongs is just now starting to show a little bit of wear. It may not be the perfect rest for everyone but it' s worked well for me.

northwoods_rob 08-12-2003 02:58 PM

OH NO!!! Two more rests in the mix. !!!!

NWMO Hunter 08-12-2003 03:24 PM

I have a MZE and the problems you are talking about don' t happen with this rest. This rest attached to your cable slide and moves accordingly when you pull the bow back, therefore unless something breaks on the rest, the rest can' t fall away until you release the string. I think you would be happy with this type of fall away.

ijimmy 08-12-2003 04:50 PM

The two rests you mention are excelent rests . If you are hesitant to use a fall away rest look at a wisker bisquit rest . It allso is a great hunting rest and your on a hunting board so I supose that is what you are looking for . Good luck 11 days and counting till open season .

Arrroman 08-12-2003 10:54 PM

The whisker biscuit arrowrest is a simple, very quiet, accurate, and durable rest that will last for thousands of shots and many seasons of hunting. These rests stay in tune and operate in all hunting conditions. Rain, sleet, snow, or high winds the whisker biscuit will keep your arrow on the bow so that you can take your best shot. Isn' t that what a rest is supposed to do? Good luck choosing a rest. Good luck hunting!

northwoods_rob 08-13-2003 06:59 AM

I have heard from my pro-shop that some guys don' t like them. They are hard on Fletching. Any truth to this?

WV Hunter 08-13-2003 07:11 AM

My new question is, are these both fall away rests? I am not keen on that idea yet. i have seen arrows fall down in the past when the rest lets loose before you can take a shot.
You need to take a hard look at the MZE. IMO, there is not a better rest for the hunter out there.

Deleted User 08-13-2003 07:32 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]