Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 another question about arrow rests specific >

another question about arrow rests specific

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

another question about arrow rests specific

Old 08-13-2003, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: another question about arrow rests specific

The BEST, most reliable and most trouble free hunting rest is the shelf on a recurve or longbow. Once you get past that, it' s all downhill.

I never was too enthused about the Whisker Bisquit. Now they' ve got a side loading variety that pretty much strips my original objection to them. The vane wear is a definite drawback. About half the guys I know that shoot them use feathers. They say there are a couple of super duper brand vanes that don' t wrinkle up. I' d much rather have a Whisker Bisquit on my hunting compound than ANY fallaway design.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:10 AM

I have been having real good results with my new drop zone.

Works better on my bow than the trophy taker ever did

Very nice rest and the one I will hunt with this year unless it all sh!ts to bed
Old 08-13-2003, 10:04 AM

I put a Bodoodle Zapper 400 on and love it. I was going to get a whisker biscuit, but heard mixed comments in that they will, on occasion, freeze up in nasty weather...not sure where you are from though. The Zapper has Spring SS fingers which hold the arrow in place. " IF" any noise would be a concern, a little clear hard nail polish on it works perfect. ALthough I shot a nice buck last fall and he was only about 7 yards away when I drew and he never looked up.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the wisker biscuit and love it. It does cause some wear to your vanes but that is a small drawback in comparison to all of its benefits. It is super quiet, durable and your arrow will never fall off during the draw or when undrawing. It is very affordable as well. I believe the original wisker biscuit is only $30 or so. Compare that to the zero effect, drop zone or most any other quality rest.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have experience with three drop aways. Muzzy ZE, Trophy Taker, and the Trap Door. The first Trap Door I had was noisy and I sent it back. The new one worked better but I hated cocking it every shot. It just didn' t fit my style I guess.

Both the Muzzy ZE and the Trophy Taker have worked without a hitch for me. I put mole skin on the ZE to silence the draw. I sewed a piece of leather on the " forks" of the TT and it has proved to be silent and durable.