Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
hardcore hunting vs. family life >

hardcore hunting vs. family life

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hardcore hunting vs. family life

Old 10-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default hardcore hunting vs. family life

I guess you could say i have it pretty darn good, i only work a 40 hour week, i get to hunt after work and weekends, i have a wife that lets me do so, i have a beautiful little 2 1/2 year old girl already and i have another child due on november the 7th. I think i kinda have a dilemma. I will be missing out on pretty much any hunting in november (the best month of the year), but i will hopefully be having a future hunting buddy in the years to come. I think it is worth it to sacrifice one month of hunting for that, right?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 AM
DAX
Spike

is this really a question? haha I know the feeling though man, but I think when the time comes with a new baby you won't even have time to think bout hunting haha
Old 10-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

They are only little once, enjoy that time because it goes by quick.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel you I have been a hardcore hunter for years but this year I have daughter that turn six month tomorrow. My wife goes to work very early and get home late so Lizzy Kate is my responsabiliy in the mornings and the evenings. It stinks to not get to hunt as much as I want but there is one rule that never waivers in my heart...FAMILY FIRST AND FOREMOST. Deer seasons will come and go but that little girls will be number one forever.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
They are only little once, enjoy that time because it goes by quick.
You got that right!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every once in a while I asked my mother to watch the kids if the wife was busy. Shot a nice 10 pt one day. Kids like time with their grandparents and grandparents like time with the kids. Just don't wear it out.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

I feel ya bro! Got a beautiful 5 and 3 year old girl. Hunting got cut a little on number 2, but it's worth being with those girls!! Can't wait to get them Hunting, think they will love doing it. My oldest goes with me in the off season feeding them and putting cams up. She tells mom we're hunting! LOL!
Good luck with your growing family and hope you have many great years at home and in the woods!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks everybody, the wife and i do not know the gender of the baby, we wanted that to be a surprise at birth. We would like a boy to even things out but it really doesnt matter as long as it is healthy. I shouldnt be worried about the whole november thing, i will be able to get out a little in december and it will still be nice to spend time with my expanding family. The best of luck to all this year.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Spike

Mine were born on 9/12 and 5/23, both out of hunting season and the fall or spring striper run. My wife thought it was a crazy coincidence but I assured her it wasn't planned. Congrats to the future new addition.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My boys are 4 and 7. I've been taking the 7yr old with me a little this year bowhunting.

I've not hunted as much in the past 7 years as I did in 1 year before they were born...but it's worth ever minute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.