Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2 Blade Rage not deploying blades... >

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree with this but is it the BH's fault or the guy behind the bow? I would say it's the guy behind the bow that doesn't tune his bow and shoots fixed or mechanicals.
Or, the company who's slogan is "Field tip accuracy out of fast bows".

Or, a co. who pushes a "Low KE" expandable.

Again, I just think (MY opinion) the co. should do more to educate its' customers. When that fixed head's screwed on and you shoot it for the 1st time, I can pretty much guarantee you'll learn something.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of course mechanicals are more forgiving.
That's all I have been saying. It's easier to shoot more accurately under adverse conditions with a mech head than a fixed blade. There is a subtle but distinct difference between "groups with your field tips" and "flies like a field tip". And if you are really anal about accuracy (like me) then this is a check in the advantage column for mech heads.

If you weren't saying anything different than that then why direct comments to-wards me?

And I intended you no offense. Sorry if it came off harsh.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Looking for a little help caclulating my KE. I am shooting Victory HVs at 6.7 gpi. Arrow is 29in long. Draw length is 29. Set at 70lbs.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Never mind. Found an online calculator holy **** that is low.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I have been reading this battle and was not going to respond but it got to me.

I have shot fix blade BH's all my years and have always been against mechanicals! I will say that that it is each persons choice, weather I agree or not. I am trying Rgaes this year, well at least I have one on an arrow. I am going to try it on a doe if I get the chance. I want to see what happens. I wil say that I feel a lot more comfortable with my fixed blades. They work simple, cut on contact!

Basically I feel if you hit the deer where you are supposed to be hit i, just about any BH will do the job. Most lost deer are due to bad hits. No ones fault but the person that sent the arrow. I chose to tune my bow because I am good at it. Others are not comfortable tuning their own bow. They shoot what works for them, OK in my opinion, if they want help I will always help but only if they ask. It is also hard to get people to try new broadheads when they are expensive to go buy to just "try" them out.
I have friends that shoot mech and have great success. All of us that hunt together have lost a deer in the last twenty years we have been hunting together. Honestly we have never 2nd guessed our BH selection after it happened. The only time we talk about BH selection is before the season starts. All the advertising on TV usually prompts this conversation. 99% of the time we never change.
Good luck this season what ever BH you chose to shoot!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LightsOut7026
Hey big bullets, I just started to use the Swhackers this year. I have always used Vortex 100gran, and those worked great.
i used a 100 grain vortex two blade last week on a doe, and it took a step as i shot, and ended up being a gut shot, and it only made it about 90 yards. Part of the intestines/stomach were laying on the ground when i was following the blood trail. Nasty things.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Or, the company who's slogan is "Field tip accuracy out of fast bows".

Or, a co. who pushes a "Low KE" expandable.

Again, I just think (MY opinion) the co. should do more to educate its' customers. When that fixed head's screwed on and you shoot it for the 1st time, I can pretty much guarantee you'll learn something.

You know how many companies say "field point accuracy"? A lot!

Answer this, would you rather have a guy shoot a mechanical out of a slightly out of tune bow which will still hit its mark or a fixed head that will fly several inches off it's mark? and the longer the shot the more off they will be.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd rather know I was out of tune.

One head would let me know. The other - wouldn't.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GMMAT
I'd rather know I was out of tune.

One head would let me know. The other - wouldn't.

Didn't ask that.

I appreciate what you are saying but I'm wondering what your thoughts are to the question I actually asked.

Do you know how many guys practice with fixed and as long as there a few inches away they think their fine or even better just screw on their fixed and go.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I have no experience with rage broadheads. I took my first deer with a mechanical. I think it was a 3 blade model. after a year or two I switched to Muzzy 3 blade. I have been pleased. They fly well and create an impressive wound....every time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.