Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2 Blade Rage not deploying blades... >

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Old 09-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Never had any of the issues that you are asking about. I have been using them since 2008 , and knock on wood, I have never lost a deer using them. I have always been very impressed with there performance. Good luck on whatever you decide to use.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Wowza, Rage can fail and they do fail, I've had one fail on me.
One blade did not deploy, even after the pass through on the ground impact.
I've harvested 2 other deer with the Rage, each of those cases the o-ring was gone upon arrow recovery.
The occasion of the lost deer the o-ring didn't even roll down the ferule and only the deployed side was broken.

Failures happen, Mechanical or not.
But I've never lost a deer with a Muzzy when shot placement was spot on.

Pics..

Last edited by onion721; 09-30-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I hate them! I use true fire t-1 fixed blades im buying them in large quantities before people catch on how good they are and the price goes up on em! Lol
Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Well unfortunately there are Jabroni's like IL-Cornfed who just don't know when to keep there mouth shut. You may be the best hunter in the world but not everybody knows it all like you buddy. The sport of bow hunting or hunting in general gets such a bad name when attitudes like that are on display. Anyhow, I sincerely appreciate all the honest and sincere thoughts. Hope all of you have a wonderful and successful hunting season. I'm still now carrying a quiver full of Spitfires...
Old 10-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

Well unfortunately there are Jabroni's like IL-Cornfed who just don't know when to keep there mouth shut. You may be the best hunter in the world but not everybody knows it all like you buddy. The sport of bow hunting or hunting in general gets such a bad name when attitudes like that are on display. Anyhow, I sincerely appreciate all the honest and sincere thoughts. Hope all of you have a wonderful and successful hunting season. I'm still now carrying a quiver full of Spitfires...
hahah same thoughts and im with the spitfires too ive never had a problem with them
Old 10-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Spike

Shot my deer last year with the rage. Only one blade opened. Double lunged the buck and it was still alive 4 hours later. I threw them right in the garbage!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Spike

Never shot the rage heads, my buddies use them and have mixed opinions. I shoot muzzy and montec heads with no issues.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Making a change

I am on the verge of needing some new mechanicals and was thinking of the Swhacker. Anyone have experience with them?

I have used Spitfires successfully and have tried others. It may be time to try something new.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Spike

Hey big bullets, I just started to use the Swhackers this year. I have always used Vortex 100gran, and those worked great.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default Rage Issues

I have now switched to Grim Reapers due to problems with Rage which you describe. Also, I shot at a quartering deer last Dec. with a Rage and the arrow deflected off what I assume was a rib and never entered body cavity. I never had this happen in 20 years of bow hunting. I shot one on opening day this year with a reaper and it worked excellent, though time and repetition will tell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.