Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2 Blade Rage not deploying blades... >

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...

Old 09-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

i dont understand how it cant open if the o ring pops off......never had trouble with them
Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

I have never lost a deer with rage. The only mechanical I have lost 2 deer with are the grim reapers??? Im not saying the reapers are bad but for me....Id sooner use something that is a sure worker. After hearing that the rage have been failing I did stop using the for this season. I have used slick tricks and I guarantee they arent 2 "
They are a 1 1/8" broadhead but because they have 4 blades its basically like punching a hole in the deer.
The Mech. broadheads that seem to be doing the best right now are the g5 tekans and g5 T3s.
They are the only two that seem to be fail proof. And so far they have proven it to me as I have poked a hole in a deer this year already with the tekan and my buddy did with the t3 last year.
And they did fully deploy on impact.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Spike

has anyone used the meatseekers, I personally would not try them I am happy with my reapers.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Spike

I have shot 4 deer with the rage 2 blades so far. Not one deer went over 30 yards. The blades have never failed to deploy. I did hear that the earlier model of rage they recalled because they had a rounded shoulder on the blades which some claimed hindered the deployment of the blades. They made the shoulder a sharper angle to promote better deployment.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Be Sure;Check before Using

I've had mechanicals and fixed blades have problems after installing them on the arrow. Problem ! My installation, pure and simple. Double checking pays off. Never assume you did it right the first time. But then I've reloaded for years, and never assumed it was automatically done right, the first time. But then, I'm old and seen "experts" blow up guns.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Ive used meat seekers as well and loved them! Fully deployed on contact and an awesome blood trail.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
LOL!!! Another dumbass that doesn't realize mechs close when you pull them out of a target!!!

Come on man, test after test has confirmed that Rages will deploy on contact with as little as an orange peel to as hard as a steel drum!

Guys like you that obviously have NO clue about mechs and probably NO clue about any equipment and lack the ability to shoot it well....... have NO business shoot a deployable blade arrowhead.

You should stick with something as simple as your thinking.... like a Thuderhead!
Wow. A little harsh IMO.

Originally Posted by tim03b
Ive used meat seekers as well and loved them! Fully deployed on contact and an awesome blood trail.

Yep same here...sleek, piston driven design is works great.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Stone316_74
Is anybody having the problem that a few of us have had up here in Mn? Twice now on deer and 3 outta 6 Rage Broadheads on the range have not been deploying the blades. The O ring slides down the arrow shaft like it's supposed to but the blades are not coming out at all. Staying put completely. Anybody else running into this???
Huh??? Impossible for them NOT to come open.

How do you know they didn't deploy on the deer? If the o-ring slides down there's nothing to hold the blades from not sliding down an opening up.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kyboydbowhunter
Yeah I had the same problem and I trashed them as well after watching the ballistics tests on youtube. They dont compete with any others, I immediately switched to grim reapers razortips I have killed 2 deer with them and 4 turkeys. I even shot one of the deer in the guts and found it dead 4 or 5 hours later.
I would expect these kind of problems from cheap broadheads but they are the same price as top of the line broadheads??? I just dont get it

Same problem?? How do you know they didn't open and explain to me how they don't open??

They simply need to slide down and GR need to flip all the way over to open. Which one is more prone not to open??

By the way, I shot a turkey a couple years ago with a GR and only one of the blades open and got about 2" of penetration. How do I know this? The arrow fell right out and when I picked it up 1 blade was completely flipped open and the other 2 were still closed.

I don't like the idea of little springs and cups that need to be lined up perfectly and then need to flip completely over the top to open.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

well from reading this thread i lost respect for one man... people like him are the reason hunters get a bad reputation. if u feel that way there is no reason to have to say it... but anyhow i never had that problem with the rages but i did have my own problems with them... first off i shot a buck last year and the arrow went completely through it and i went to get my arrow and i picked it up and the blades were gone i did find one on the ground...also i shouldered a deer with one before and i got the worst penetration ever... i dont shoot them anymore thats just my own personal experience some people have alot of success with them and like them they are just not the broadhead for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.